[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Three minutes first team action for Peupion this afternoon - no second loan for him this season* then.

*I'm aware that some leagues abroad have different seasons, so could theoretically have a loan there later on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How to piss off the club who loaned your player and make them resistant to future business.

Is he really going to gain that much more at Wednesday for the second half of the season than at Oxford?
Maybe Sheffield Wednesday will decide they don't need him now!?

If the rumours are true, though, he's being fast-tracked through the leagues at an incredible rate. It's pretty tough on Oxford too, but they seem quite fatalistic about it - if a loanee comes and is that good, then a bigger fish will come for them. C'est la vie and all that...........

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Beadle is on the bench for Sheffield Wednesday. Hopefully he’ll break into the team asap as he was playing regularly at Oxford.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Today's starters and benchwarmers -
Championship:
Rushworth and Moran both start. Ayari on the bench for Blackburn, and Beadle also on the bench (as above).

League1:
Leonard starts for Northampton, Turns on the bench for Orient. Jensen Weir gets his first start at Port Vale.

Old boys:
Roberts on the bench for Bristol City, Jack Spong dropped to the bench, for the first time I think, up in Jockland.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sarmiento's just come on for Ipswich. Weir had a memorable debut for Port Vale - match abandoned after 16 minutes (crowd invasion)! Turns got a few minutes for Orient too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Reports a loan move for Odel Offiah to Wigan has fallen through.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reports a loan move for Odel Offiah to Wigan has fallen through.
Wouldn't be surprised - gone very quiet since the rumours surfaced at the end of December. Might be more information on the Wigan forum, but I have been barred from even viewing it, apparently because I tried to join!
Health issues still a problem, I wonder? - hope not; he looked OK playing for the U21s recently, and it would be good to see him out on loan again - he started well enough at Hearts before his problems.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Wouldn't be surprised - gone very quiet since the rumours surfaced at the end of December. Might be more information on the Wigan forum, but I have been barred from even viewing it, apparently because I tried to join!
Health issues still a problem, I wonder? - hope not; he looked OK playing for the U21s recently, and it would be good to see him out on loan again - he started well enough at Hearts before his problems.
There doesn't seem to be much discussion on it.

The quote from an article linked:

"Maloney confirmed a proposed loan move for Brighton defender Odel Offiah has not come to fruition.
"Unfortunately, that's not going to happen" he said. "I really liked him, he's a really good player, a really good guy, Brighton were really good to deal with.

"Whatever happens in the next few months...it just wasn't going to work in this window."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There doesn't seem to be much discussion on it.

The quote from an article linked:

"Maloney confirmed a proposed loan move for Brighton defender Odel Offiah has not come to fruition.
"Unfortunately, that's not going to happen" he said. "I really liked him, he's a really good player, a really good guy, Brighton were really good to deal with.

"Whatever happens in the next few months...it just wasn't going to work in this window."
If everything was as "really good" as that, you'd have thought the loan would have been a cinch! Is the last sentence a hint of a move in the summer, I wonder?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Postponements are affecting our loanees today - no games for Leonard and Weir in League1. Staying with League1, Turns is still only on the bench for Orient.

In the Championship, James Beadle makes his debut at Hillsborough, no doubt hoping for a better afternoon than Carl Rushworth, whose Swansea team have been on the end of a bit of a battering by Southampton (Swansea 1 - Southampton 3).
Moran and Ayari both start on the bench for Blackburn.

Of our old boys, it is good to see Matt Clarke back in action again for Middlesbrough after a long and serious injury.

12 days left of this transfer window - any more to go out on loan, I wonder? Finally a placement for Offiah, perhaps? Or maybe the likes of Samuels, Hinchy or Duffus.

Dec 29, 2011
Postponements are affecting our loanees today - no games for Leonard and Weir in League1. Staying with League1, Turns is still only on the bench for Orient.

In the Championship, James Beadle makes his debut at Hillsborough, no doubt hoping for a better afternoon than Carl Rushworth, whose Swansea team have been on the end of a bit of a battering by Southampton (Swansea 1 - Southampton 3).
Moran and Ayari both start on the bench for Blackburn.

Of our old boys, it is good to see Matt Clarke back in action again for Middlesbrough after a long and serious injury.

12 days left of this transfer window - any more to go out on loan, I wonder? Finally a placement for Offiah, perhaps? Or maybe the likes of Samuels, Hinchy or Duffus.
Wow I really thought we sold Matt Clarke some time ago!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports