[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Championship clubs are allowed more than 1 loanee from the same club or Blackburn have just broken the rules.

That was rapid - his feet can hardly have touched the ground! Much needed timely action by the club. Good luck to him - hope this move works out better.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Any reason why so many (relatively-speaking – I know it's not LOADS of players, but I think we're up to five now) season-long loans are being cut short, with most of the players then being immediately sent elsewhere? Surely a mid-season switch between loan clubs isn't another example of the club's much-lauded recruitment policy?!

Is it the Albion agreeing deals with the 'wrong' clubs, the players not being up to scratch or the loan clubs not really understanding what they're getting? Or is it more common that I thought, but I'd just not noticed it because it was outside of the Albion bubble?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Any reason why so many (relatively-speaking – I know it's not LOADS of players, but I think we're up to five now) season-long loans are being cut short, with most of the players then being immediately sent elsewhere? Surely a mid-season switch between loan clubs isn't another example of the club's much-lauded recruitment policy?!

Is it the Albion agreeing deals with the 'wrong' clubs, the players not being up to scratch or the loan clubs not really understanding what they're getting? Or is it more common that I thought, but I'd just not noticed it because it was outside of the Albion bubble?
Yes, maybe the club did pick the wrong clubs for those loans, but at the end of the day it's simply that the players were not getting enough game time; whether they weren't good enough, or whether the manager just didn't fancy them, I don't know, but mostly they didn't set the world on fire when they did play. Five is more failed loans than usual, though, and TBH a tad disappointing - there were only three last year (Connolly, Khadra and Tolaj).
Offiah's loan was cut short by illness though - he was doing OK at Hearts before he fell ill. I guess we're looking for another loan for him now, along with Weir and Peupion. Hopefully good loans!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, maybe the club did pick the wrong clubs for those loans, but at the end of the day it's simply that the players were not getting enough game time; whether they weren't good enough, or whether the manager just didn't fancy them, I don't know, but mostly they didn't set the world on fire when they did play. Five is more failed loans than usual, though, and TBH a tad disappointing - there were only three last year (Connolly, Khadra and Tolaj).
Offiah's loan was cut short by illness though - he was doing OK at Hearts before he fell ill. I guess we're looking for another loan for him now, along with Weir and Peupion. Hopefully good loans!
Thanks – that's pretty much along the lines that I was thinking too. Knowing the club's attention to detail, there'll be some disappointment about how things have turned out for the returning/re-loaned players, given that they've set a high standard with how they operate overall. It certainly can't be easy though – on one hand you've got players who want to play at the highest level possible and on the other hand, you've got clubs that see 'Brighton youngster' and think they are getting a Hinshelwood/Ferguson/Enciso for the season!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks – that's pretty much along the lines that I was thinking too. Knowing the club's attention to detail, there'll be some disappointment about how things have turned out for the returning/re-loaned players, given that they've set a high standard with how they operate overall. It certainly can't be easy though – on one hand you've got players who want to play at the highest level possible and on the other hand, you've got clubs that see 'Brighton youngster' and think they are getting a Hinshelwood/Ferguson/Enciso for the season!
Greer is in for a bollocking then :laugh:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Blackburn fans aren’t happy about the very young, inexperienced & lightweight squad they have generally this season. So adding another young, lightweight player probably isn’t to appealing to them. One of our England group wasn’t to enthralled

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sarmiento came on for half an hour for Ipswich; Moran starts for Blackburn, Ayari on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports