[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tuesday night round-up.
Championship: Sarmiento starts for West Brom, Ayari only on the bench. Ex Albion Connolly and Richards bench-warmers too.
League 1: Leonard, Turns and Beadle start. Peupion on the bench, and Weir's useless loan continues (benched again).
Sarmiento played 65 minutes. Ayari came on for the last 10 minutes or so (and Connolly had a run out towards the end too).
Puepion came on for 9 minutes (including add-on time).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Not great for Ayari - and that's about all he has been getting from this loan. Coventry fans views quite interesting too -
https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/the-case-for-yasin-ayari.154417/
They appear to agree that a new loan somewhere else would be a good idea too!
Interestingly none of them seem to doubt his talent.

Issue is that he's too lightweight and lazy defensively.

Don't really know where that leaves him, I wonder if maybe he'll get a new loan to a less physical league in January.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interestingly none of them seem to doubt his talent.

Issue is that he's too lightweight and lazy defensively.

Don't really know where that leaves him, I wonder if maybe he'll get a new loan to a less physical league in January.
If he has to go (presumably to Europe) for a 'softer' league because the Championship is too physical, it doesn't auger well for his future as a PL player in the Albion first team. Maybe better with half a season with the Albion in PL2, whilst working on the weaknesses.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That would be cruel on Northampton, who we've sent a few players to over the years.
Have we? Your memory must be better than mine!

Next step for Leonard is obviously the Championship, but I was anticipating that for next season - with a chance of playing for us in 2025-26 if that goes as well as he has in Leagues 2 and 1. It probably wouldn't hurt him now, but as you say, it would be harsh on Northampton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
..... and this lot think the move might happen because we want to cash in. Surely not!
That would be disappointing, IMHO.

Jimmy Grimble

Ayari getting pelters on Twitter from Coventry fans. To the point he’s actually trending #14.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
There’s a few teams in our league Undav would be very handy for but we’re not one of them. He’s one of those players that prefers not to be in the build up, doesn’t contribute much to the general game, but always scores. He’d be good at Forest or Wolves for example. But for Fulham he would have been a very decent Mitrovic replacement

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All four of our Championship loanees started today (a first?).
Sarmiento played 75 minutes, Ayari hooked at half time, Rushworth and Moran played the full 90.
In League 1, Leonard couldn't help Northampton stop the Portsmouth runaway train, while Turns played the first 75 for Orient.
In t'cup, Beadle kept a clean sheet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Beadle was Oxford’s Nov POTM. They love him.

IMG_6480.png

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Have we? Your memory must be better than mine!

Next step for Leonard is obviously the Championship, but I was anticipating that for next season - with a chance of playing for us in 2025-26 if that goes as well as he has in Leagues 2 and 1. It probably wouldn't hurt him now, but as you say, it would be harsh on Northampton
Heard these rumours a couple of days ago and hoped for no truth in them. Would be a big, big loss if he went elsewhere in Jan. 🤞we keep him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Goal machine Sima scores again for Rangers. Seems they're really keen to make his move permanent - chances?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There’s a few teams in our league Undav would be very handy for but we’re not one of them. He’s one of those players that prefers not to be in the build up, doesn’t contribute much to the general game, but always scores. He’d be good at Forest or Wolves for example. But for Fulham he would have been a very decent Mitrovic replacement
See also: Adallah Sima.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports