Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks as if Odel Offiah's loan to Hearts is over ....................
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....he-change-since-his-loan-from-rangers-4422358

Real shame - seems to have (mostly) gone down well with Jam Tarts fans (with one or two never-happy miseries amongst the good guys - a bit like us really!) -

Really hope things work out OK for him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Welcome, Mr. Rover. What positions do you need?

Seriously, we've got some very good youngsters in the U21s, and I watch them whenever the U21 matches are streamed (although all too often they are programmed in for a day when there's a PL match (however uninteresting that match is to anyone except the clubs concerned supporters) so they can't be streamed) - but I am not expert enough to say who might be ready for a loan to The Championship - or League 1 or League 2 - or who might be ready for bench-warming in the PL.
You certainly seem to do a much better job with our loanees than some other clubs I could name though, so good luck for the season.
Hopefully not full backs :ohmy:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tuesday night round-up.
Championship: Sarmiento starts for West Brom, Ayari only on the bench. Ex Albion Connolly and Richards bench-warmers too.
League 1: Leonard, Turns and Beadle start. Peupion on the bench, and Weir's useless loan continues (benched again).

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Welcome, Mr. Rover. What positions do you need?

Seriously, we've got some very good youngsters in the U21s, and I watch them whenever the U21 matches are streamed (although all too often they are programmed in for a day when there's a PL match (however uninteresting that match is to anyone except the clubs concerned supporters) so they can't be streamed) - but I am not expert enough to say who might be ready for a loan to The Championship - or League 1 or League 2 - or who might be ready for bench-warming in the PL.
You certainly seem to do a much better job with our loanees than some other clubs I could name though, so good luck for the season.
I wonder if Zak Sturge is kicking himself leaving us for Chelsea. He would have almost certainly had some minutes so far this season had he signed the contract and stayed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder if Zak Sturge is kicking himself leaving us for Chelsea. He would have almost certainly had some minutes so far this season had he signed the contract and stayed.
The young millionaire is probably kicking himself half to death! :lolol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sarmiento. Bring the lad back 1st Jan. We'll need all the attacking talent we can get our hands on around then

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sarmiento. Bring the lad back 1st Jan. We'll need all the attacking talent we can get our hands on around then
Disagree because we've got a wealth of attacking talent - some of whom will be back from injury by Jan - it'sthe defence that needs reinforcements. Let him have a decent season in the Championship and come back for next season. Quality player, but give him as much game time as possible.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Disagree because we've got a wealth of attacking talent - some of whom will be back from injury by Jan - it'sthe defence that needs reinforcements. Let him have a decent season in the Championship and come back for next season. Quality player, but give him as much game time as possible.
Mitoma will go to Asian Cup and Adingra to AFCON. March out for the season.

Hopefully Enciso and Fati will be back by then, but I think we could still do with another body in there.

Sarmiento has been getting mixed reviews from the Baggies, and generally comes off the bench. But this shows what he can do on his day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mitoma will go to Asian Cup and Adingra to AFCON. March out for the season.

Hopefully Enciso and Fati will be back by then, but I think we could still do with another body in there.

Sarmiento has been getting mixed reviews from the Baggies, and generally comes off the bench. But this shows what he can do on his day.
He's not been playing much - due to injury, I think. We sent him to WBA to get some serious game time playing 'grown up' football - let's hope he can get some there for the rest of the season now he's fit. Half a season mostly bench-warming back home won't help his development much.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's not been playing much - due to injury, I think. We sent him to WBA to get some serious game time playing 'grown up' football - let's hope he can get some there for the rest of the season now he's fit. Half a season mostly bench-warming back home won't help his development much.
He’s missed 5 games through injury, before the injury he’d started 1 game and made 8 sub appearances. Since his return from injury he’s started 1 game (tonight) and previous to that had 3 further sub appearances. He’s played just 21% of Championship minutes, which even allowing for the fact he’s been injured isn’t very much at all. It points to the loan not really delivering what we or the player wanted for his development as things stand.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
One of those "6 of one, half dozen the other" for me. Deliberately placed as a cross / shot. It's the best sort of cross (assuming players are in positions to work with it) - going in to the far corner, but in a zone where the 'keeper either must cover inbound attacking players or is distracted by them. Either the cross goes in (as it did this time), or it gets met by an attacker who can do something with it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One of those "6 of one, half dozen the other" for me. Deliberately placed as a cross / shot. It's the best sort of cross (assuming players are in positions to work with it) - going in to the far corner, but in a zone where the 'keeper either must cover inbound attacking players or is distracted by them. Either the cross goes in (as it did this time), or it gets met by an attacker who can do something with it.
Absolutely - a very dangerous delivery into the box that is difficult to defend against.

Worldie goal - not so much!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Absolutely - a very dangerous delivery into the box that is difficult to defend against.

Worldie goal - not so much!
Very Paul Watsonesque - he loved a free kick into that 'corridor of uncertainty'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here