Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Little action on the home front for loanees today - well, none at the moment actually. Weir is yet again benchwarming at Blackpool, and that's it.
Two former Brighton yoof down in the National League: Tolaj starts for Aldershot, Todd Miller warms a bench for Bromley.

Edit: 10 minutes for Weir (including six minutes added time). Nine league appearances (according to Wiki), most of them short cameos from the bench - really is turning to be a lousy loan for a player who scored 10 goals from midfield for a struggling team in this division last season. Might as well bring him home in January.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Today's loanee starts and benchwarming -
The Championship:
Lots of Albion interest at Swansea - Rushworth in goal for the Swans, against Hull; Hull's Albion old boys, Connolly and Furlong, are both on the bench though.
Moran starts for Blackburn, but Ayari stuck on the bench for Coventry - another one for a returm or a switch in January? Former U21 Tyler Richards on the bench fr QPR.
League 1:
Turns (Orient) and Leonard (Northampton) both start. Weir (Blackpool) benched yet again.
Potential Albion derby at Cheltenham - Beadle naturally starts in goals for Oxford, but Peupion only on the bench for the home side.
Up in the frozen far, far North:
Ex-Albion Jack Spong (Queen's Park in the Scottish Cup) and Alex Cochrane (Hearts) both start. No sign of Offiah at Hearts today - any more news on what's happening to him? And finally ........................
Last year's U21 stars in the National League:
Tolaj starts, Todd Miller on the bench.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well done Moran and Undav. I don't think any of our bench-warmers got called upon (?) - somebody correct me if I'm wrong! Sarmiento benched for the late kick off at West Brom.
Laurent Tolaj scored an injury time winner for the Shots.

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
Occasional Blackburn Rovers visitor here.
After JPvH became a firm favourite at Ewood, Andy Moran is well on the way to following him.
He is one of those players who reads the game very well, and often seems to turn up in the right place.
He's not showy, but he makes very few mistakes.
Any more in the pipeline for January?
We wouldn't mind helping to bring Ferguson on for half a season!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Occasional Blackburn Rovers visitor here.
After JPvH became a firm favourite at Ewood, Andy Moran is well on the way to following him.
He is one of those players who reads the game very well, and often seems to turn up in the right place.
He's not showy, but he makes very few mistakes.
Any more in the pipeline for January?
We wouldn't mind helping to bring Ferguson on for half a season!
Welcome, Mr. Rover. What positions do you need?

Seriously, we've got some very good youngsters in the U21s, and I watch them whenever the U21 matches are streamed (although all too often they are programmed in for a day when there's a PL match (however uninteresting that match is to anyone except the clubs concerned supporters) so they can't be streamed) - but I am not expert enough to say who might be ready for a loan to The Championship - or League 1 or League 2 - or who might be ready for bench-warming in the PL.
You certainly seem to do a much better job with our loanees than some other clubs I could name though, so good luck for the season.

Last edited:

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
Welcome, Mr. Rover. What positions do you need?

Seriously, we've got some very good youngsters in the U21s, and I watch them whenever the U21 matches are streamed (although all too often they are programmed in for a day when there's a PL match (however uninteresting that match is to anyone except the clubs concerned supporters) so they can't be streamed - but I am not expert enough to say who might be ready for a loan to The Championship - or League 1 or League 2 - or who might be ready for bench-warming in the PL.
You certainly seem to do a much better job with our loanees than some other clubs I could name though, so good luck for the season.
It's actually a genuine target-man No.9 we need most, but we'd also have liked to see Khadra return.
Unfortunately we have no cash.
He doesn't seem to be getting much of a chance in France.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's actually a genuine target-man No.9 we need most, but we'd also have liked to see Khadra return.
Unfortunately we have no cash.
He doesn't seem to be getting much of a chance in France.
True, he isn't. I wonder if we (or he for that matter) did any better sending him to France - about £1.5M according to Transfermarkt. Assuming that's right, how skint are you?
We do seem to have Ferguson Mk11 on the blocks in the U21s at the moment, but whether it's time for him to go out on loan yet, I don't know. The way injurues are going, we might need him here before the season is out.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
How is Turns getting on at Orient?

With the CBs like White and van Hecke (even Ostigard, even if he didn't end up staying), the progress up the ranks through loans has tended to be more gradual than with the attacking players. Turns seemed to be on that trajectory and impressed in League Two.

But now it's all gone a little quiet.

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
True, he isn't. I wonder if we (or he for that matter) did any better sending him to France - about £1.5M according to Transfermarkt. Assuming that's right, how skint are you?
We do seem to have Ferguson Mk11 on the blocks in the U21s at the moment, but whether it's time for him to go out on loan yet, I don't know. The way injurues are going, we might need him here before the season is out.
Very skint!
What's the U21 player called? We'll send an Uber (finances allowing).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here