Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the match report
Sunderland kept the pressure on their dogged opponents after the break but they were frustrated by a combination of wasteful finishing, wholehearted defending and inspired goalkeeping from Swansea's Carl Rushworth.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Maybe Blackburn should be giving him a bit more game time then? Eight (?) appearances so far, and mostly off the bench. I'm sure we could find him a better loan in January if they keep benching him.
He’s featured in all bar one of their league games this season. 6 starts and 5 appearances off the bench. Seems like sensible game management of a young player to me. He also started all 3 league cup games. Not sure what more could be expected?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He’s featured in all bar one of their league games this season. 6 starts and 5 appearances off the bench. Seems like sensible game management of a young player to me. He also started all 3 league cup games. Not sure what more could be expected?
Eight (League) matches out of 15 according to Wiki - which may be a couple of weeks out of date - but he wasn't there at the start of the SPL season, and he missed what, three weeks? when he was first returned to Brighton.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Eight (League) matches out of 15 according to Wiki - which may be a couple of weeks out of date - but he wasn't there at the start of the SPL season, and he missed what, three weeks? when he was first returned to Brighton.
He’s been involved in 11 of the 12 league games he’s been available to them. Plus their 3 league cup games after he joined. Don’t use Wikipedia for appearance data it’s well out of date. His page hasn’t been updated for league appearances for about a month. Better to use transfermarkt as that’s updated fairly quickly after a game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He’s been involved in 11 of the 12 league games he’s been available to them. Plus their 3 league cup games after he joined. Don’t use Wikipedia for appearance data it’s well out of date. His page hasn’t been updated for league appearances for about a month. Better to use transfermarkt as that’s updated fairly quickly after a game.

Vast array of stats on here - https://fbref.com/en/players/c4720845/dom_lg/Andrew-Moran-Domestic-League-Stats

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From the match report
Sunderland kept the pressure on their dogged opponents after the break but they were frustrated by a combination of wasteful finishing, wholehearted defending and inspired goalkeeping from Swansea's Carl Rushworth.
Rushworth's second half save in this game was ASTONISHING.

(01:40)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Maybe Blackburn should be giving him a bit more game time then? Eight (?) appearances so far, and mostly off the bench. I'm sure we could find him a better loan in January if they keep benching him.
(I appreciate this has been stated briefly above, but to flesh it out)

He has been with Blackburn for 12 Championship games now, and has played in 11 of them - 6 starts and 5 from the bench. He's competing for the place with 24 year old Iceland international (28 caps) Arnor Sigurdsson who Blackburn have also loaned in for the season from CSKA Moscow. Not bad really for our player who has just turned 20 (3 weeks ago), on his debut into real professional football.

There are only 10 players younger than Moran with similar / more minutes so far, and only 8 with similar / more minutes per match.

He's essentially on the same path as Joao Pedro, just doing it one year older (and JP was a bona fide wunderkind at Watford).

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
(I appreciate this has been stated briefly above, but to flesh it out)

He has been with Blackburn for 12 Championship games now, and has played in 11 of them - 6 starts and 5 from the bench. He's competing for the place with 24 year old Iceland international (28 caps) Arnor Sigurdsson who Blackburn have also loaned in for the season from CSKA Moscow. Not bad really for our player who has just turned 20 (3 weeks ago), on his debut into real professional football.

There are only 10 players younger than Moran with similar / more minutes so far, and only 8 with similar / more minutes per match.

He's essentially on the same path as Joao Pedro, just doing it one year older (and JP was a bona fide wunderkind at Watford).
Yep, I wasn't having a good night last night! :facepalm:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Mentioned it at the time and I'll mention it now, it's very strange Kozlowski went to Vitesse on loan for another year. They struggled last year and are bottom again this year. I hope we pull him in January and send him somewhere else.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Mentioned it at the time and I'll mention it now, it's very strange Kozlowski went to Vitesse on loan for another year. They struggled last year and are bottom again this year. I hope we pull him in January and send him somewhere else.

I assume it was because he enjoyed it and didn't fancy anywhere else? In fact I'm pretty sure he gave an interview saying that he didn't want to go on loan to a championship side.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
One thing about Steele's new contract and the signing of Verbruggen is, does that leave room for the progression of both Rushworth and Beadle? Both exceptional young keepers.

Rushworth in particular should be pushing for PL squad next season. Beadle maybe a year or two further away.

Similarly Moran looks very promising, but another attacking midfielder, probably our most stacked position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here