Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But unfortnately we all have! :(

Apology accepted! :)
I'll switch to fish puns if you like? I can carp on about them for ages.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll switch to fish puns if you like? I can carp on about them for ages.
I'd rather play the missing word game, Shall I start?

****** off!

Back on topic, more updates from the club about our overseas loanees' progress ..........

Personally, I'd be quite surprised if Ayari and Sarmiento both feature tonight.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not a great weekend for our English based loanees. Apart from regular starters Rushworth, Beadle and Leonard, almost all the rest weren't even in the squad. Moran came on at half time for Blackburn against Beadle's Oxford United, but that was about it.

Up north, a lot of Albion and ex-Albion interest in the Rangers vs. Hearts match - Sima (Rangers' MOTM in that BBC vote thingy) and Goldson (remember him?) for Rangers, and Offiah and Cochrane as wing backs for Hearts. Offiah subbed in the first half after injury; Brighton O.B. Cochrane had an eventful day - played the full 90, got an assist and picked up a yellow.
Played rather well against Hibs a couple of weekends ago and scored two rather tasty goals - ok, I know its barely Championship standard but the boy seems to be doing good.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Two of our more successful loanees in action tonight in League 1, both starting. Leonard's Northampton are away at Derby, and Oxford United (with Beadle in goal) are away to Lincoln.

Update: bit of a hammering for Northampton (4-0) in the higher division after promotion last season. Another clean sheet for Beadle.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Young Moran had a good 74 minute work out against a pretty strong Chelsea team, which included Cucu and Sanchez. 2-0 to Chesea though. :(

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the Championship this afternoon:
Rushworth and Ayari both start, and Sarmiento is sufficiently recovered from injury to make the bench for WBA.
Of our recent departures, Connolly and Taylor Richards are both bench-warming.

In the FA Cup, loanees Leonard, Turns and Rocco Rees (at Worthing) all get starts. James Beadle is given a rest by Oxford, but no place in the Cheltenham squad for Cam Peupion.
Former Brighton youngsters Tolaj and Jenks start for Aldershot and FGR respectively, while up in Scotland Spong has become a regular for Queens Park.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the Championship this afternoon:
Rushworth and Ayari both start, and Sarmiento is sufficiently recovered from injury to make the bench for WBA.
Of our recent departures, Connolly and Taylor Richards are both bench-warming.

In the FA Cup, loanees Leonard, Turns and Rocco Rees (at Worthing) all get starts. James Beadle is given a rest by Oxford, but no place in the Cheltenham squad for Cam Peupion.
Former Brighton youngsters Tolaj and Jenks start for Aldershot and FGR respectively, while up in Scotland Spong has become a regular for Queens Park.
Hmmm .......... can't update my post - so, a separate post to update it is!
Ayari pulled at half time, Sarmiento got five minutes or so for WBA.
Astonishing match in the cup - Tolaj scored two of Aldershot's 7 goals away at higher league opposition - Aldershot 7-0 up by the hour mark, took off the three attackers who'd scored all but one of the goals between them - and promptly let Swindon come back with 4 consolation goals!

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
In a week were we were spanked by Derby, lost our assistant manager Colin Calderwood to Southampton and then today lost at home to L2 Barrow in the FA Cup..Leonard is still playing at a consistently good level. If our current form continues for much longer, then likely to be a managerial change. ☹️

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
......and still no joy for Weir at Blackpool, even in a cup match against lower league opposition. Got to be one of the worst loans ever - surely we must recall him in January?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In a week were we were spanked by Derby, lost our assistant manager Colin Calderwood to Southampton and then today lost at home to L2 Barrow in the FA Cup..Leonard is still playing at a consistently good level. If our current form continues for much longer, then likely to be a managerial change. ☹️
Colin Calderwood walking out on you as assistant manager is something you have in common with Brighton now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here