Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Andrew Moran came on at half-time tonight in Blackburn's 2-1 win at Millwall but limped off in the 88th minute.
Full on Albion derby at Northampton tonight - Marc Leonard vs. Ed Turns (Orient) - 2-2 at FT. Potential derby at Blackpool - Weir got a rare few minutes for the home side, but no sign of Cam Peupion for the visitors (Cheltenham - who did actually score two tonight ............................ but still lost).

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loanees and former youngsters in Championship action tonight - Ayari starts in the no.10 slot for Coventry. Could be his best position? Coventry fans seem to think it might be - now, can he establish himself as a first choice starter there? Aaron Connolly can only make the bench at Hull these days, it seems - carrying a knock, or losing form? - he started the season pretty well.
James Furlong yet to feature for Hull - on their forum they seem to think he's a random youngster not first team ready and they don't know why they've bothered to sign him, which is a bit discouraging, bearing in mind he's yet to play! Perhaps he should have stayed in the SPL - they seemed to like him there.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Honours even in the Leonard v Turns game on Tues. ML still playing consistently well..hope no recall option in Jan as I think he could more than hold his own in the Championship now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loanees in action in Europe tonight.

Scherpen (SK Sturm Graz), and Abdallah Sima (Rangers) in the Europa League.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For those interested in our loanees progress, there's a lot of love for our young GKs out there ('Young goalkeeper chappie' is Rushworth, BTW).

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a great weekend for our English based loanees. Apart from regular starters Rushworth, Beadle and Leonard, almost all the rest weren't even in the squad. Moran came on at half time for Blackburn against Beadle's Oxford United, but that was about it.

Up north, a lot of Albion and ex-Albion interest in the Rangers vs. Hearts match - Sima (Rangers' MOTM in that BBC vote thingy) and Goldson (remember him?) for Rangers, and Offiah and Cochrane as wing backs for Hearts. Offiah subbed in the first half after injury; Brighton O.B. Cochrane had an eventful day - played the full 90, got an assist and picked up a yellow.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Offiah subbed in the first half after injury;
Just occurred to me that I never heard any news about Offiah in relation to the health scare he had. Presumably it wasn't as bad as feared, given he's playing again, but were any details ever released?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just occurred to me that I never heard any news about Offiah in relation to the health scare he had. Presumably it wasn't as bad as feared, given he's playing again, but were any details ever released?
See post #186 on here - and AZGull's reminder (post #187) that he'd posted about his return to Hearts ages before on another thread!

No idea what the problem was; just presume it wasn't as serious as it seemed it might be when the news of his return to Brighton first broke.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Apparently he left the ground in a chariot...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wow! Bet he's never heard that one before .....
Not from me he hasn't. And, assuming he's not an avid reader of NSC in his spare time, he won't ever do.

I apologise for attempting to bring a bit of light-hearted humour to the thread on a dreary Monday afternoon :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here