Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brace for Sima. Is he any good or is Scotch fitba?
Not good enough for Rangers fans - 2nd. bottom on that BBC rating thing! Doubt if there'll be a good word for him in the Bear Pit (Rangers fans' forum) either,, TBH!

Edit: Looks like I'm behind the times with this one now - he's doing rather better in the poll on the Bear Pit (76% of the vote for MOTM) and this thread suggests that, for some fans at least, he's really won them round ..........

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Another less-than-stellar day for our loanees today.
In The Championship only Rushworth starts (for Swannsea). Ayari brought on for 15minutes by Coventry, but no sign of either Sarmiento or Moran (injured).
League 1 - Regular starters Leonard and Beadle keep their places, Turns on the bench for Orient and no sign of Cam Peupion at Cheltenham. Weir still bench-warming for Blackpool - surely he has to be recalled in January?
Up in Scotland, in the SPL Sima scores Rangers' first two goals against Hibs.

Among our recently departed, Connolly came on for 15 minutes for Hull, but no sign there yet for James Furlong. Molumbey came on after 66 minutes for WBA, while Roberts was subbed early by Bristol City. Laurent Tolaj has worked his way all the way forward from CB to centre forward at Aldershot, but didn't score today. Yesterday Jack Spong ran the midfield again for Queens Park - he's getting to be quite popular up there, definitely regarded as one of their best - if not the best - player.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Not good enough for Rangers fans - 2nd. bottom on that BBC rating thing! Doubt if there'll be a good word for him in the Bear Pit (Rangers fans' forum) either,, TBH!
You sure? He's got 7.06 average rating at the moment, the highest Rangers score. He's second bottom on the list because it's listed by position I think - goalkeeper first, strikers last.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You sure? He's got 7.06 average rating at the moment, the highest Rangers score. He's second bottom on the list because it's listed by position I think - goalkeeper first, strikers last.
You're right - I didn't look at the scores, just the position - have the BBC changed the way they present the results of these polls, or do they do it differently in Scotland?

P.S. I also added an addendum to my post.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
You're right - I didn't look at the scores, just the position - have the BBC changed the way they present the results of these polls, or do they do it differently in Scotland?

P.S. I also added an addendum to my post.
No idea, it is a bit confusing I agree.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fair play to Sima who has won the Rangers fans back very quickly. Sounds like he has potential. Only 22.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Another less-than-stellar day for our loanees today.
In The Championship only Rushworth starts (for Swannsea). Ayari brought on for 15minutes by Coventry, but no sign of either Sarmiento or Moran (injured).
League 1 - Regular starters Leonard and Beadle keep their places, Turns on the bench for Orient and no sign of Cam Peupion at Cheltenham. Weir still bench-warming for Blackpool - surely he has to be recalled in January?
Up in Scotland, in the SPL Sima scores Rangers' first two goals against Hibs.

Among our recently departed, Connolly came on for 15 minutes for Hull, but no sign there yet for James Furlong. Molumbey came on after 66 minutes for WBA, while Roberts was subbed early by Bristol City. Laurent Tolaj has worked his way all the way forward from CB to centre forward at Aldershot, but didn't score today. Yesterday Jack Spong ran the midfield again for Queens Park - he's getting to be quite popular up there, definitely regarded as one of their best - if not the best - player.
Don’t forget Deniz! Started on the bench but came on after 30 minutes and headed in Stuttgart’s 3rd in a 0-3 win.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don’t forget Deniz! Started on the bench but came on after 30 minutes and headed in Stuttgart’s 3rd in a 0-3 win.
I follow loanees through the BBC website, and - where there is a half-decent one - through fans' forums - which kind of limits me to UK info. - so it's great when somebody else contributes with overseas news. Cheers!

Last edited:

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I think he wants to stay in Germany (just a guess).

However, the more goals he scores, the better part exchange deal we’ll get for his teammate who’ll be replacing Welbeck next season.
I think he turned down a transfer preferring a loan deal in the hope he can sort out stuff in Germany and come back to us next season, really hope so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here