Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only three of the teams hosting one of our loanees are playing tonight. Beadle starts for a Sheffield Wednesday club still fighting to avoid the drop. No place even in the match day squads for either Turns (injured, I think - he was doing quite well for them) or Samuels (whose loan at Fleetwood is rapidly turning into a useless one).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Little bit of controversy for Carl Rushworth today in the Swansea - Stoke game.

Rushworth caught the ball near his line, ran forward with it (in both hands), and as he was drawing back to throw, he ran past a stoke player who was still standing up and the ball got knocked out of his hand, stoke player poked it home.

Ref disallowed it. Not allowed to challenge a keeper when he has possession of the ball.

But he wasn't really challenging the keeper, Rushworth ran into him, so stoke fans not happy about it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit more action tonight! Rushworth kept a clean sheet as Swansea beat Stoke 3-0. Moran came on at half time for Blackburn - not that it did them much good; 2-0 down at half time they lost 5-0. Sarmiento got half an hour for Ipswich, but couldn't break the deadlock as they drew 0-0 with Watford. Leeds still breathing down their necks.

Down in League1, Weir was an unused sub. (again). Port Vale fans have marked him down as a waste of space. Not a great season for some of our loanees, compared to recent years.
:(

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Little bit of controversy for Carl Rushworth today in the Swansea - Stoke game.

Rushworth caught the ball near his line, ran forward with it (in both hands), and as he was drawing back to throw, he ran past a stoke player who was still standing up and the ball got knocked out of his hand, stoke player poked it home.

Ref disallowed it. Not allowed to challenge a keeper when he has possession of the ball.

But he wasn't really challenging the keeper, Rushworth ran into him, so stoke fans not happy about it
Speaking from a position of complete ignorance (and I fully expect some worthy NSCer will be along shortly to tell me twenty reasons why I'm wrong) Ithink that goal should have stood. Looks like Rushworth had the ball, but pretty much lost it by hitting it against the other players head..
Unless you're Frank (big hands) Swift you're not really in total possession of the ball with only one hand on it anyway.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit more action tonight! Rushworth kept a clean sheet as Swansea beat Stoke 3-0. Moran came on at half time for Blackburn - not that it did them much good; 2-0 down at half time they lost 5-0. Sarmiento got half an hour for Ipswich, but couldn't break the deadlock as they drew 0-0 with Watford. Leeds still breathing down their necks.

Down in League1, Weir was an unused sub. (again). Port Vale fans have marked him down as a waste of space. Not a great season for some of our loanees, compared to recent years.
:(
Bit like recruitment…..with so many out on loan, bound to be a few that don’t work out as hoped for various reasons……whoever was covering the Ipswich game on the radio last night said Sarmiento was unlucky not be be starting.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Speaking from a position of complete ignorance (and I fully expect some worthy NSCer will be along shortly to tell me twenty reasons why I'm wrong) Ithink that goal should have stood. Looks like Rushworth had the ball, but pretty much lost it by hitting it against the other players head..
Unless you're Frank (big hands) Swift you're not really in total possession of the ball with only one hand on it anyway.
It was Rushworth's error - not like the guy challenged for the ball or anything, or fouled Rushworth. Not sure why the goal was disallowed (I too will await the law geek to tell us why :lolol:)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Although it wasn't a deliberate 'tackle' I believe the below still applies.

FA Law 12 (paraphrased and with my emphasis):

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:
  • prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

• the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loans we might as well not bothered with (reputations definitely not enhanced).

Moran, Samuels and Hinchy not even in the match day squads. Neither are Turns and Ayari, but that might be injury related, as they both started their present half season loans quite promisingly.
Next season's pair of GKs for de Zerbi to rotate both starting as usual. :wink:
Marc Leonard's place in the Northampton team still as solid as a rock - surely we have to have a look at him in pre-season? Could have been an Albion derby for him at Fleetwood today, but not happening due to the fact that Samuels is still not even in the squad. Still, perhaps they can have a natter and a catch up.
Better news at Ipswich, where Sarmiento makes the starting XI.
Last but not least, Jensen Weir makes the bench for the mighty Port Vale

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Although it wasn't a deliberate 'tackle' I believe the below still applies.

FA Law 12 (paraphrased and with my emphasis):

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:
  • prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

• the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).
And it WAS in his hands. Both hands.

This is a microsecond before the opposition’s head bobs up and nudges the ball away:

IMG_4607.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rare old Albion past and present reunion up in Scotland this afternoon. Sima and Goldson playing for Rangers, with Leon Balogun on the bench. Teddy Jenks could be there - last heard he was on loan at Ross County, although he seems to have disappeared from the squad of late.
Not going Rangers way at the moment.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Rangers losing and Sima booked for a blatant handball that wasn’t anywhere near the cleverly disguised diving header he thought it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here