Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Yeh, just panic buying though, eh? We don't like doing deals in January - ain't that the rules? :wink:

Seriously, although the team is absolute gash, he still hasn't pulled up any trees, has he?
Up until this week they were in a relegation battle.

Hardly the time to throw in an 18 year old who's barely been with the team.

Kozlowski been underwhelming though.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Up until this week they were in a relegation battle.

Hardly the time to throw in an 18 year old who's barely been with the team.

Kozlowski been underwhelming though.
When I saw the news re their points deduction and relegation, I thought, might Mazilu get some game time now? Probably not — don’t expect anyone at the club to care about the development of a player whose loan ends in a matter of weeks.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
3rd. choice keeper.
The life of a third choice keeper is an odd one. Presumably paid much less than first and second choice keepers, but enough of a bump above lower league first choice keepers to make it worth their while to stick around and sacrifice their ambitions to play week in week out.

With McGill it's worth noting that even on his League 2 loans he was never played regularly. Rushworth and Beadle are much more proven.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeh, just panic buying though, eh? We don't like doing deals in January - ain't that the rules? :wink:

Seriously, although the team is absolute gash, he still hasn't pulled up any trees, has he?
I know you are joking but for anyone who misses it, Mazilu deal was set up in the summer, but had to wait till he turned 18 in September to actually transfer in January.
He has moved from Romania to Netherlands and come on as a sub 3 times for a total of about 20 minutes of playing time.
He is going to need a loan to a club that can get his points up for a UK work permit, even if he is another gem.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Don't think it's been mentioned but:

Vitesse docked 18 points and relegation for them is confirmed.

Kozlowski and Mazilu on loan there.
Said it before on this thread I have no idea what they were doing at Vitesse. Even before the season had started they were in trouble and the club is somehow more of a mess than 6 months ago. Why on earth we sent Mazilu there as well I don't know, can only presume we have a link with Vitesse that we don't know about.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Rushworth really does look class and I’m a huge Steele fan but if RDZ stays could really see Carl stepping into the rotation role with Bart. I suspect the club would love a scenario where Bart rips it next season and is sold for big profit ready for Rushworth to step in. Then rinse and repeat with Beadle. They all look class.
Surely everyone at the club has seen this season that GK rotation does no favours to anyone? I rated Bart over Steele, but either way I'd have prefered one or the other to have been the regualr keeper rather than swapping every 2 games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How's things gone today then?
Let's start in Scotland, for a change - no loanees in action, but ex-Albion young hopeful Teddy Jenks seems to be fit again; unused sub for Ross County though.
In the Championship. Ayari got half an hour for Blackburn, but Moran barely had time to lace his boots before his cameo was over. Ex-Albion Christian Walton still on the bench for Ipswich in the evening match - maybe Sarmiento (on the bench) will get some action in the second half?
Old boy Haydon Roberts helped Bristol Rovers to a 2-0 win over relegated Rotherham, while our young GKs had contrasting results - Rushworth's Swansea drew 2-2 with Norwich (whose point guarantees them a play of place) while James Beadle's clean sheet against WBA has all but saved Massive from relegation .................. almost!
In League1, Marc Leonard signed off his POTS stint with a 1-1 draw at Barnsley - a point which saw Barnsley sneak int the last play-off space. Weir played most of the match for relegated Port Vale, and Hinchy lasted until half time (by which time they were 2-0 down) for Shrewsbury. Hopefully Imari Samuels is safely back at Lancing after a completely useless loan to Fleetwood Town (they can whistle if they want to borrow a Brighton youngster again!) Hopefully Ed Turns (injured) is also safely back from Crewe.

Where will these lads be next season? An interesting summer for us - a VERY interesting summer for them!

Last edited:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Watched Hull v Ipswich.

Sarmiento played the last half an hour. Well involved and had I think 4 shots, but without scoring any. Including a real sitter.

The star of the show was Hutchinson for Ipswich, right sided forward on loan from Chelsea. Looks really promising.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Watched Hull v Ipswich.

Sarmiento played the last half an hour. Well involved and had I think 4 shots, but without scoring any. Including a real sitter.

The star of the show was Hutchinson for Ipswich, right sided forward on loan from Chelsea. Looks really promising.
Yeah my Ipswich mate is desperate to keep Hutchinson. He’s not bothered about Sarmiento though.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Watched Hull v Ipswich.

Missed a chance clean through on the keeper and couldn't get it into an empty net. He's a Brighton boy alright

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here