Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 2022/23 Season - Early Predictions

el punal

So we now know the full complement of teams for next season’s Premier League. Here’s my pick of ups and downs, good and bad and everything in between.

Top Four - usual suspects, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal

Top Mid Table (for European qualification) - Chelsea, Man Utd, West Ham, Newcastle (grrr!), Brighton (maybe with fingers crossed!), Leicester, Aston Villa. Crystal Palace (damn them!).

Lower Mid Table (teams going off the boil, not good enough but not bad enough for the drop) - Wolves, Everton (surely can’t repeat last season’s woes), Nottingham Forest and Fulham (promotion bounce).

Relegation Zone (teams that will struggle because of lack of investment, lack of quality, downward spiral or basically just not good enough). So a possible bye-bye to any of these - Southampton, Leeds, Bournemouth, Brentford (second season syndrome - and for no other logical reason).

Anyway, there you have it. Pure gut feeling based on pure pundit wizardry. :cheers:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
So we now know the full complement of teams for next season’s Premier League. Here’s my pick of ups and downs, good and bad and everything in between.

Top Four - usual suspects, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal

Top Mid Table (for European qualification) - Chelsea, Man Utd, West Ham, Newcastle (grrr!), Brighton (maybe with fingers crossed!), Leicester, Aston Villa. Crystal Palace (damn them!).

Lower Mid Table (teams going off the boil, not good enough but not bad enough for the drop) - Wolves, Everton (surely can’t repeat last season’s woes), Nottingham Forest and Fulham (promotion bounce).

Relegation Zone (teams that will struggle because of lack of investment, lack of quality, downward spiral or basically just not good enough). So a possible bye-bye to any of these - Southampton, Leeds, Bournemouth, Brentford (second season syndrome - and for no other logical reason).

Anyway, there you have it. Pure gut feeling based on pure pundit wizardry. :cheers:

pretty much agree with that, though i fear that Forest (who I've liked since my student days in Nottingham) may well struggle as they have less time to prepare their squad, plus i think their style will be a lot less successful in the Premier League, not because it can't work, but because the players are simply not good enough to make it work at that level. Hope I'm wrong.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Micheal Beale the man that’s gone to qpr was by all accounts Gerrards tactical and the brains behind the operation so they could stall which would be fabulous
Forest will absolutely struggle without huge investment and I don’t see that coming

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Micheal Beale the man that’s gone to qpr was by all accounts Gerrards tactical and the brains behind the operation so they could stall which would be fabulous
Forest will absolutely struggle without huge investment and I don’t see that coming
Forest are spending plenty on there ground

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

el punal

Erm….think I’ll wait for the majority of summer transfer dealings to be done before throwing my darts

And of course you are absolutely correct to do so. Mine is a frivolous exercise in ‘what if-ery’ and the end of season standings. At least it’s football related of a sort rather than the current woes of Brexit, Ukraine, airport queues and missed flights, Katie Price’s latest court hearing and a cake splattered Mona Lisa. :drink:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Tough season to predict, 5 subs, lots of good managers with decent budgets, World Cup in the middle of it, transfer window still to happen.
Could be utterly mental, so many good managers with decent squads, likely will see City remain on top, but I think Chelsea will be pushing them this season and Liverpool falling away a bit, maybe a lot depending on their window, and Arsenal improving to take 3rd
I think Wolves and Brentford will do a lot worse, Everton and Leeds will struggle again, Leicester, Brighton, West Ham, Newcastle, Villa, Tottenham, Man Utd will be top half, and whilst I think us and Villa are likely bottom of that group and Tottenham and Man U likely top of it, I am half expecting some surprises, and we are capable of hitting 5th or 6th,

Relegation for Forest and Bournemouth, survival for Fulham, Leeds battling Brentford to avoid 18th.

Sack race, winner from Leeds, Everton, or Wolves

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'll be having money on Lampard and Gerrard not seeing out the seasons at their respective clubs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Erm….think I’ll wait for the majority of summer transfer dealings to be done before throwing my darts

Is the correct answer, far too many unknowns at the moment. On the Brighton front, who will we sell and will Potter even be our manager come kick off?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll be having money on Lampard and Gerrard not seeing out the seasons at their respective clubs.

Gerrard is the new Bielsa with money. The best English manager for decades because he was a great player :rolleyes:

Villa for the title obviously :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And of course you are absolutely correct to do so. Mine is a frivolous exercise in ‘what if-ery’ and the end of season standings. At least it’s football related of a sort rather than the current woes of Brexit, Ukraine, airport queues and missed flights, Katie Price’s latest court hearing and a cake splattered Mona Lisa. :drink:

Bollox is he.

That would imply those waiting have got any fudging clue and their predictions will be close to the eventual outcome.

They haven't
It won't.

Crack on sunshine.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
My prediction is that I'll see my first Albion game in the flesh since February 2019.

My next prediction is that Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd WON'T get relegated.

My final prediction is that three of the other 14 will.

I'm confident that all three predictions will come true.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Man City win the league ahead of Liverpool again with Forest, Brentford, Leeds & Fulham struggling for points. Aston Villa & Everton look a little lost and both Lampard & Gerrard are dismissed. Brighton compete for another mid table finish starting clear of relegation but never really challenge for a European spot

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You’ve not done an NSC close season before, have you? :lolol:

At least there’s not a pandemic on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here