Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2006: best stories of getting to albion away games

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
greetings

oldham away was time for me to make my return to first team action, and did my first away trip for 4 months after being out the country.

what a journey it proved to be, starting at 4.30 am from brighton station, chasing connecting trains via cab across mid sussex, losing 2 regulars on the way up, a visit to crewe, being hammered by 1pm, trekking across a swap, re-uniting myself with magners, and putting up with sub zero temperatures. getting home at 1am sunday morning. (for those that were there, they know this is a much editted version to protect the safety of those that shamed themselves)

all for 90 mins of football that wasnt that great, but i loved every minute of, i guess thats what being a fan is all about

there must be great stories of those travelling to an away game this year. i guess the board, players and staff have no idea what difficulties we go through, just to watch our team

so, please reminisce , and tell your tales........

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Well, my day started and ended at 04:05am as you know.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
not so much a journey as an experience mine. Hereford away and Peter Wards Debut. got too hereford having guzzled a flagon of cider tween the two of us and went to a pub called half crown. being ignorant of scrumpy! we got them to fill the empty flagon with there local best!! nett result arrive at ground where police take the flagon away. wobbled in just as ball crosses for ward to score, pandemonium breaks out, i sit down on terrace only to be awoken as whistle went. somehow ended up pissed in newport wales and got home about 3pm sunday...but at least i was there, or was it all a dream :lolol:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Oldham was also my first away trip having been out of the country most of the year.

Thankfull mine wasnt as exciting as that,but THAT trip to Wycombe wanderers a few seasons back sticks in the mind.

Those that were there will surely agree??:lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
my personal favourite would have to be carlisle

deciding on thursday night that it would be 'interesting' to leave at a ridiculous 3am friday morning, arriving in manchester around 6 for a stay in our travel lodge, with no end to the events - realising that after going on at everyone to bring shoes for clubbing, kaney had forgotten his, prank calling the manchester fruit and veg man to find out where he recomended we could stick our orbegines, centurion before hitting the town, drinking in wetherspoons with some cdharming west ham fans, the scariest cab ride across the city to get to a club, being started on no less than 3 times by locals, 2 members being knocked back and nearly coming to blows over an irish girl, standing around for 2 hours outside the club as we had no idea where our travelodge was, and finally arrive back there at 4am in the morning, only to realise that one croc had infact recieved a extremely bad punch to the face at some point in the evening

and all that before we had even got to carlisle - marvelous scenes:clap: :clap: :clap:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Hoggy said:

funny stuff :bowdown:

My favourite away game in 2006 would have to either be Donny or Millwall.

Donny mainly for the day itself rather than the match, which i must admit for bad.

Millwall was good as it was a good atmosphere and a good evening out. Also it was only my 3rd ever away win, and my first since West Ham in 2004.

Last edited:

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Coventry for me at highfeld road.

Fine getting there, on way back, we got on the train and said our connecting train at Watford was cancelled. We stayed on the train to London Euston, got on a bus to Victoria got to Seven Sisters, Tottenham, END OF THE LINE. SHIT... Then got a tube to Victoria, just got on the last train home. I laughed anyway

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Zesh Rehman said:
funny stuff :bowdown:

My favourite away game in 2006 would have to either be Donny or Millwall

not surprised you said donny really - after all you did get to stand with me on the terrace :)

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Lander said:
Coventry for me at highfeld road.

Fine getting there, on way back, we got on the train and said our connecting train at Watford was cancelled. We stayed on the train to London Euston, got on a bus to Victoria got to Seven Sisters, Tottenham, END OF THE LINE. SHIT... Then got a tube to Victoria, just got on the last train home. I laughed anyway

The Ricoh Arena you mean ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here