Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2000 fans but under tier 2 no household mixing indoors

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Also, just to expand on my point about Brighton v Crawley earlier, it’s not just the issue of risk of virus transmission (i.e. 6% capacity v 33% capacity) that’s unfair. It’s the fact that Crawley’s average attendance is only normally about 2,200 anyway, so they will be able to go straight back in at near enough 100% matchday revenue. Many other clubs in all divisions will be taking as little as 1% of their normal matchday revenue. How is that conducive to a fair competition?

The likes of Crawley will be in a far bigger financial predicament than any PL club. The lower down the pyramid you go, of course the new restricted attendances will be a closer percentage to an average 'normal' gate. I really don't begrudge any club that are run on a tight budget a potential lifeline to stay afloat.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Given that most people weren't expecting anyone to be able to go to see a match this side of New Year, I think its great that at least some people will be able to go and see a match.

I cant believe people are worried about if they can get a pie and a pint, or whether the concourse counts as inside or out. The alternative is an empty stadium.

It may well be that the only way this works is if the concourses are effectively closed, you turn up , go straight to your seat, and are only allowed to go back inside to use the toilets. No food or drink sold, no hanging around the concourse.

If so, great, sign me up. I just want to go and watch the team. I can survive 2 hours without a drink, without meeting up with other households etc.

The club are doing their best under constantly changing regulations. Lets just be grateful that the end is in sight, and that next year we will be back in close to normal conditions

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But then a 70,000 capacity stadium should have a transport system to cope and a 7,000 capacity stadium would (in theory) have a proportionally smaller system.

This rule, to me, just seems to benefit National League/League Two teams who probably pull in crowds of about 2,000 anyway and will pack them into stadiums typically holding 5,000 or so, while everybody further up the pyramid operates under huge restrictions that are almost always going to be run at a loss, despite having much larger (and therefore safer) stadiums.

However, I will (in hindsight) agree with this is if the 2,000 rule is just a starting point and we will fairly soon see an increase to a fairer ruling, such as 25% of capacity.

Perhaps the 110 million from Sky will cushion the blow for PL clubs.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Have you actually read the rules

public attendance at spectator sport and business events can resume inside and outside, subject to social contact rules and limited to whichever is lower: 50% capacity, or either 2,000 people outdoors or 1,000 people indoors

The highlighted bit says - Meeting in larger groups is against the law apart from specific exceptions where people from different households can gather in groups.

Ok the specific exceptions link takes you to the current rules but I am sure this will be updated for the new rules

Thank you.

Mc Fly wins the award for the most negative series of posts on a single thread (about how some of us will be able to watch the Albion at the Amex again).

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Given that most people weren't expecting anyone to be able to go to see a match this side of New Year, I think its great that at least some people will be able to go and see a match.

I cant believe people are worried about if they can get a pie and a pint, or whether the concourse counts as inside or out. The alternative is an empty stadium.

It may well be that the only way this works is if the concourses are effectively closed, you turn up , go straight to your seat, and are only allowed to go back inside to use the toilets. No food or drink sold, no hanging around the concourse.

If so, great, sign me up. I just want to go and watch the team. I can survive 2 hours without a drink, without meeting up with other households etc.

The club are doing their best under constantly changing regulations. Lets just be grateful that the end is in sight, and that next year we will be back in close to normal conditions

Spot on

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
Fans living in Kent

I live in Tunbridge Wells which will be in Tier 3 from next week . Under the regulations I cannot travel outside Kent.
I have therefore asked to be excluded from the draw to pick some lucky fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here