Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] 20 years on NSC

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I was late to the online party but started lurking around 2005, finally tool the plunge in 2008 and signed up.

For someone who's never lived anywhere near Brighton and barely knew any brighton fans it helped me feel more connected to the club.

I also would have given up my withdean ST had it not been for being able to conduct wiht fans I could pass my ticket on to, I'd meet some posters in Clapham or East croydon who I'd never have been able to pass tickets to without NSC.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm very late to the party. I was led here by the 'Jamie' (rIp) thread. My conscience was wrestling between finding it really funny & that it was going too far. Then I lurked, then I registered & then it took ages for me to post. I love the way that petty arguments are overlooked & everyone comes together when another member is having a difficult time. There are times when people switch from being complete t*ssers, to really nice people when someone needs help. It is a heart warming place tbh. Literally you can ask anything on here & someone will give a sensible reply within the jokes. @Jack Straw, the responses to your bell issue was very disappointing, the 1st poster told you it was a bell & that's wrong for NSC! :lolol:

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Just seen my 20th anniversary was in July. Might be time to change my password.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Been on here since 99. I remember the post on 9/11 “WTF is happening at the World Trade Centre” I was initially confused as my company was demolishing the top 4 floors of the WTC in Canary Wharf, that had been, previously, damaged by an IRA bomb. It was only when I looked online I saw what was happening in New York. Ricky Marlowe's Hairpiece had posted on NSC, the day before.
Yep. But always on the ball, and with pix, that thread was started by @Wozza wozzit not?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll reach 27 years on NSC on 22 December - that's more than a third of my life. I wonder how many hours I've spent on here
It's more that one tenth of mine!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'll reach 27 years on NSC on 22 December - that's more than a third of my life. I wonder how many hours I've spent on here

Are you in your 80’s ?
In true NSC pedant mode - any age under 81 would mean that 27 years is 'more than a third' of his life.

He could be 55 (for instance), and 27 is almost a half - so 'more than a third' of 55!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I lurked for years before joining.....and on here before, when it was called......? can't remember.......1999 or some date

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I'll wager that you've seen a few changes in bicycle bell technology these past 20 years
No. I only found out this afternoon, thanks to NSC, that you now twang them up and down and not push with your thumb from side to side!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
20 years for me too....last August 23 to be precise. Living in Spain and rarely returning to the UK it means so much to me, not only for the Albion and all my past wonderful (and sometimes not so wonderful) times. I rarely miss a game these days, DAZN is so good, and we're lucky to have it here. But it's not just football it's the other topics, (definitely not politics!) that are so inspiring and memory jogging.

So thank you @Bozza and the rest of the team - I'd be seriously at loss without this resource.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here