Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 20 Signs That Prove You're A Football Manager Addict

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Glad to see someone else is playing 12. I'm doing a journeyman save but starting with a good reputation. Started at Feyenoord, won the league in my third season and then the far richer Bayer Leverkusen came calling. 4 and a bit seasons there produced a second place followed by three straight titles and two Champions Leagues in a row.

Then the opportunity to turn round an ageing, stagnating Real Madrid came up. Took over with the team in 7th, and ended second, albeit a long way behind Barcelona. Spent a fortune over the summer and generally played brilliantly, including 6-0, 5-0 and 5-3 wins over Barcelona. But consistency eluded us and we've finished second, just 2 points behind Barcelona who have an unbelievable regen striker up front. He finished the season with 68 goals.

So now I'm spending even more money on the next stage of rebuilding, although a 36-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo is still scoring 20+ a season for me. It truly is an unbelievably great but also terrifyingly addictive game.

Sounds a good save :thumbsup: Oh the pain FM dishes out, about a week after the Barca result I drew 1-1 with Spurs. Normally I can take a draw against one of the top sides. This was different however. It snatched away the chance to go top with three matches to go after I agonisingly clawed back from being 12 points adrift but not only that, the real bitter pill to swallow, was the fact that it was scored in the 85th minute with their ONLY shot on target. There is something almost poetic about how my season went down the shitter in the space of a week.

Jul 7, 2003
I played one of the first Football Manager games on the ZX81 (with 16k RAM pack!). It was text only, there were only a handful of players and you watched matches like they were on teletext. If the tension of waiting for your team to score was too much you could speed up the matches by hitting carriage return - shame that didn't work in real life with Ceefax.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

For anyone that's interested this is the recently released FM Documentary. Its got all the classics, Mark Kerr, wearing a suit for the Cup final etc but a section of the film that particularly caught my eye was that the motion capture for FM15 was all done in studios here in Horsham. I can't tell you how proud that makes me feel.

Some of the gems from CM 01/02. :facepalm:

I always wondered who gave CM the scouting information on these 'duds'.
Cristiano Ronaldo.jpg
Carlos Tevez.jpg
Javier Mascherano.jpg

But as my brother pointed out, they're all great at jumping...

BHA007

Jan 13, 2013
When I was playing 08' it got to point where I was a legend at brighton so they decided to name the new stadium after me ! Bare in mind this was in 2034 tho and I had won the premier league 6 times in a row

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here