Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20+ goals a season striker?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Dont shoot the messenger but son has just phoned and apparently where he was working today he was told that Murray deal was done and finance agreed but CH said he was not needed at the 11th hour but will definitely be joining during the summer. I hope it is true but only passing on what son tells me from 3rd hand.

its like a drug for you isnt it, our own NSC version of football rumours. Unless he was talking to Howe, Murray, Murrays agent, Hughton or Barber i guess that can be filed with all the other bollox.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dont shoot the messenger but son has just phoned and apparently where he was working today he was told that Murray deal was done and finance agreed but CH said he was not needed at the 11th hour but will definitely be joining during the summer. I hope it is true but only passing on what son tells me from 3rd hand.

All your rumours turn out to be bollox. Don't even know why i bother to read them

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with the OP - Jonathan Kodjia ticks a lot of boxes. Bristol City wouldn't want to sell him and he still has 2 years of his contract to go BUT if you were him - 26 years old and having bagged 20 goals in a struggling side - then you'd have to be interested in joining a proper promotion-contending team, as City are probably a couple of years away at least from contending and, by then, he'd be 28.

6 foot 2 - good engine, strong, knows the Championship. It would be interesting to know how much City would be prepared to sell him for because 20-goal Championship strikers tend to go for silly money - Andre Gray was £9 million, Rhodes £10 million, McCormack £11 million. I'm guessing it wouldn't be much less than £7mill.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
dropping back to midfield will always reduce the opportunities and lower the goal count, so suddenly the goalscorer is not looking so great, getting frustrated, fans on his case etc. so does one pay out for the goal scorer, who then stays further up field, or pay less for the grafter who doesnt score but makes up the numbers in midfield.

while they are good at their roles, i dont think Baldock and Hemed link up well, so often a ball into either will be lost as there's no immediate outlet under pressure, or lose second balls. its more complex than simply having a couple of high double digit goalscorers.

i agree with your first paragraph and guess thats because many teams play a 5 in midfield with the 4-3-2-1 and when we havent got the ball its easy to get out bossed with only 4 midfielder and only 2 centre mids (+2 wingers). We could get a better scorer, but winning the midfield is often a crucial factor in winning the game, so i can understand why Hughton wants the extra man back there when we havent got the ball and Baldock does that bit quite well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

And we're off...

Window closes in 105 days...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I forgot that Bournemouth spent £4mill on Murray last September, 3-year deal.

Looks like an affordable replacement for Zamora but would he want to leave now with another season in the Prem guaranteed and possibly one or both of Ritchie and Wilson on their way?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I forgot that Bournemouth spent £4mill on Murray last September, 3-year deal.

Looks like an affordable replacement for Zamora but would he want to leave now with another season in the Prem guaranteed and possibly one or both of Ritchie and Wilson on their way?

various sources, including the esteemed BensGrandad, tell us the deal is already done and has been since January.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is a long close season and rumours keep us going rather than read about England flopping. If you dont like them dont read them simple. I dont know where or whose house son was working in. Could have been another supporter and it was just gossip amongst 2 supporters I dont know.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It is a long close season and rumours keep us going rather than read about England flopping. If you dont like them dont read them simple. I dont know where or whose house son was working in. Could have been another supporter and it was just gossip amongst 2 supporters I dont know.

It's not rumours though. Just utter shit that comes into your head and you then pass it on here to bore us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here