Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20-30 tonight. Lockdown

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Literally whether I will be able to drop food at my mums and travel back home. She cant do it herself as is confined to home for 12 weeks

Yes, Yes you will. It comes under 'any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person'

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Thought this was meant to stop so many dying. I wouldn't rate my mums chances of lasting it out and by your ideas she should be left to starve?

Not at all we are still not as locked down as Italy are that’s what we need to do .i don’t wish your mum any harm or anyone else but lockdown tight not allow hundreds out for exercise otherwise the parks are going to look exactly like they did at the weekend won’t they ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Regarding cars and MOTs.....

In Italy garages have stayed open.

I manage a motor factor, I have no idea until tomorrow what we are doing so have told my team to arrive as normal in the morning.

I’ve already had a conversation with one of the police workshops regarding how we could supply them if we are in lockdown as they don’t carry enough parts for more than a few weeks.

So far I know that some Kwik Fits will be open and a couple of independent garages are planning on staying open too.

If anyone wants any info feel free to pm me and I’ll happily let you know what I know as tomorrow progresses.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And thanks to you too

Just back-read and see you are worried about your mum....no offense meant with my posts. OK?

FWIW, the government seem to be setting up good infrastructure right now. It will be very operational in a week (combined with rules/laws that will stop nobbery). Stay calm for a bit, and of course feel free to emote on NSC.

I am surrounded by old neighbours and we are trying to work out how to keep them fed while not infecting and killing them. It can be done and we are jolly well going to do it. Fact. Fact. :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hard to make a case against this happening ,on a normal weekend here in sleepy mid wales i reckon we get about a thousand tourist/ holidaymakers per day roaming around the beautiful beach and estuary , yesterday it was absolutely heaving , twice as busy , madness , to try to put things into perspective our hospital has a grand total of 6 ICU beds , absolute bellends , the locals went apeshit bombarded the local MP , and fair play to him , by 2pm 3 of the 4 Caravan parks had shut their doors to any tourists and the 4th closed at 8pm , these are now only open to residents of the parks and people in self isolation .

Just do as your bloody told , make out your at the Amex and reading the latest do not do this or that email ,god willing things will slowly improve and a Vaccine will be found hopefully

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just back-read and see you are worried about your mum....no offense meant with my posts. OK?

FWIW, the government seem to be setting up good infrastructure right now. It will be very operational in a week (combined with rules/laws that will stop nobbery). Stay calm for a bit, and of course feel free to emote on NSC.

I am surrounded by old neighbours and we are trying to work out how to keep them fed while not infecting and killing them. It can be done and we are jolly well going to do it. Fact. Fact. :thumbsup:

None taken. It all feels such a weird situation and I think whilst expected we are all coming to terms with what it means

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This. Nothing Boris said tonight will mean tomorrow will be different than yesterday for me.

If the morons among us had listened, he wouldn’t even have needed to do it.
That's true, but it's unfair to blame the morons. After all, they are morons.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
ef44baa8e96b0449ab8862aab5834c21.jpg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That's true, but it's unfair to blame the morons. After all, they are morons.

Sadly, some turned out to be people I thought were intelligent adults. I have family members who trouped round every at risk or vulnerable person in their extended family on Sunday, despite the rest of us telling them to stay at home.

Hopefully, they’ll finally get the message now.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've just been texted and received an automated call not to go to work tomorrow. I'm not currently WFH enabled and we're very short of devices required for it now anyway, so this could interesting for me.

I'm drop in the ocean in the bigger picture and I'm not the only one in the same situation.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
That is why people will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:

shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
one form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household;
any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person; and
travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.

So i have a genuine question here. I listened to Boris's speech and from what i understand, if you cannot work from home, you still can go to work? What if you are a plumber, builder, Electrician? gardenener? You can't do these from home so they are allowed to go to work (and follow the soclai distancing rules)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here