Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 Up Front

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS, we've played 2 up front already this season, and we will again.

Oscar started the season bringing Buckley more central, playing 'off' Ulloa, in what I assumed to be the CMS roll.

But:-

1) Everyone started getting injured & sent off.
b) We had a run of tricky away games.
3) Crucially Buckley was sh*t at it.

With a run of games including healthy attacking players, we will see another player (Dave 2, CMS, Hoskins) 'up front' with Len.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I reckon we will see a front 3 of Rodders, Ulloa and Lua Lua tomorrow, with Ince, Andrews and Orlandi in Midfield. Think of Rodders taking Barnes' place so operating out on the left when defending then joining up with Ulloa when attacking. Anyway that's what I would like to see!

Swap Andrews and Stephens and I like the look of it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
FFS, we've played 2 up front already this season, and we will again.

Oscar started the season bringing Buckley more central, playing 'off' Ulloa, in what I assumed to be the CMS roll.

But:-

1) Everyone started getting injured & sent off.
b) We had a run of tricky away games.
3) Crucially Buckley was sh*t at it.

With a run of games including healthy attacking players, we will see another player (Dave 2, CMS, Hoskins) 'up front' with Len.

Possibly a bit of an ott response there. Ulloa and Buckley was months ago, considering we haven't scored a goal for while now I don't think it's outrageous for people to be discussing the merits of having 2 attackers again.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm expecting something like this tomorrow

uwBagts.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Possibly a bit of an ott response there. Ulloa and Buckley was months ago, considering we haven't scored a goal for while now I don't think it's outrageous for people to be discussing the merits of having 2 attackers again.
But we haven't had the players to do it, for months.
The fact we've got this far, before the doom-mongers can really get going in a minor miracle.

The implication is Oscar is just a mirror image of Gus, only he's marooning Ulloa instead of CMS.

But that quite simply isn't true.
Sadly the people who have trouble thinking also seem to have trouble remembering, as well.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think earlier in the season we saw Buckley playing fairly central in a forward three. I can see that position as the second striker, with either Rodriguez or Mackail-Smith used with a wider player on the other side.

It won't strictly speaking be two up front, but it will have two strikers playing in the team.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think you're getting yourself worked up over nothing SB. People are just talking about looking forward to having more attack minded players in the team, I think everyone is aware that Buckley, KLL, CMS, Orlandi have been injured which had restricted this. I also don't see any mention from anyone in this thread Oscar is replica of Poyet. He is however leaving Ulloa with absolutely no support whatsoever.

But we haven't had the players to do it, for months.
The fact we've got this far, before the doom-mongers can really get going in a minor miracle.

The implication is Oscar is just a mirror image of Gus, only he's marooning Ulloa instead of CMS.

But that quite simply isn't true.
Sadly the people who have trouble thinking also seem to have trouble remembering, as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're getting yourself worked up over nothing SB. People are just talking about looking forward to having more attack minded players in the team, I think everyone is aware that Buckley, KLL, CMS, Orlandi have been injured which had restricted this. I also don't see any mention from anyone in this thread Oscar is replica of Poyet. He is however leaving Ulloa with absolutely no support whatsoever.

What was the main gripe from US about Gus' playing style?

Who do you suggest Oscar should have used to support Ulloa/Barnes for the last 3 months?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What was the main gripe from US about Gus' playing style?

Who do you suggest Oscar should have used to support Ulloa/Barnes for the last 3 months?
US hasn't posted in this thread.

I've already commented in the last part you quoted me on saying EVERYONE KNOWS WE'VE HAD INJURIES which is why we haven't been able to pay certain formations. This thread is talking about playing more attacking NOW WE HAVE SOME ATTACKING PLAYERS AVAILABLE like Rodriguez.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
4-4-2 is dead?

Atletico Madrid play 4-4-2 in every game, home or away, and they're top of the Spanish league.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I reckon we will see a front 3 of Rodders, Ulloa and Lua Lua tomorrow, with Ince, Andrews and Orlandi in Midfield. Think of Rodders taking Barnes' place so operating out on the left when defending then joining up with Ulloa when attacking. Anyway that's what I would like to see!

Hopefully, looks as though Andrews will be out though so expecting Ince, Stephens and Orlandi in the middle.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Here's my effort:

Image 1.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here