2 pages of Sussex Championship photos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I saw Carl Hopkinson win the match single-handed when we won a fantastic game against the Scottish Saltires up here towards the end of the season. First time I've seen him - looks a quality all-rounder.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I think we can safely work on strictly batting signings now...

Who will be the second overseas player of the three rumoured? Goodwin? Kirsten? Hussey?
Let's sign Andy Flintoff too shall we, oh go on, why not :jester:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Sussex on Leith said:
Courtesy of the Sussex-supporting 1st team skipper of our cricket club in Edinburgh. There's a lot of us about up here you know...

http://www.murrayfield-dafscc.co.uk/photos_sussex1.htm

I played for Penicuik 3rds for one season. I've played against you lot! I think we played your seconds. It was in 1998. Do you know a bloke called Beers (real name MarK?) he keeps wicket (despite having a figure like Colin Milburn). I'm not sure if he plays for Murrayfield but I think he might do.

I missed the league game last year but as it's a Sunday I'm trying to organise a posse this year.

Where are you watching the Plymouth game? I had suggested a BHAlba meet-up (although I have you yet to get clearance myself.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
" Let's sign Andy Flintoff too shall we, oh go on, why not "

- because he's England contracted and wouldn't play a match for us all season?

together with Ward & Voros, what great signings by the club - puts paid to all the recent doubts about losing Taylor and Hutch (and Kirtley to the Windies tour)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Martlet said:
" Let's sign Andy Flintoff too shall we, oh go on, why not "

- because he's England contracted and wouldn't play a match for us all season?
Oh come on, he'd be a great back up reserve for our championship winning squad, can't see him getting in the first XI though.

:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
GREAT photos, well done :clap:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
The Large One said:
Kirsten is still negotiating his contract. If that falls down, we may have re-offer a decent new one-year contract to Goodwin, who apparently is not totally against the idea.

I thought Kirsten had signed?

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
What a f***ing great day that was! Better than either of the recent albion triumphs, and I'm proud to think that I was there! :clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bloody fantastic!! :clap2:

Rushed from work to meet the boys and got merry with Italia,aaah the memories..

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Re: Re: 2 pages of Sussex Championship photos

Jambo Seagull said:
Where are you watching the Plymouth game? I had suggested a BHAlba meet-up (although I have you yet to get clearance myself.

Haven't decided yet Jambo, although the Queens Arms is often a favourite of mine for Albion games - I nearly cleared the place when Bobby put us one up at Wolves last season. Would certainly be up for watching it with other Seagulls though. My dad (also a big Albion fan) may make it up from Newcastle to watch it as well.

As for the Murrayfield-DAFS (or MUFS) keeper called Beers - not sure I know the bloke, but then I only joined the club last season. We do have a number of unlikely-looking wicketkeepers, but as far as I'm aware there wasn't one called mark. I'll ask Ian (the bloke who took the photos) to see if he remembers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports