Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 Days Left of the Window and Still no News.

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
If we don't sign Conor Wickham, Dale Stepens, Craig Conway and any of the others that have been rumoured by the end of January, will I not renew my season ticket? No.

If we end up 10th at the end of the season, will I not renew my season ticket? No.

Will I sit there disappointed, angry at our club's clear lack of ambition? No.

Will I be grateful that I am able to watch our club play in a fantastic facility such as the Amex. Yes.

Will I be satisfied that our club is being run responsibly. Yes.

Will I be satisifed that our club is investing in it's long term future. Yes.

It's human nature to want more than you currently have and I would love to watch the Albion in the Premier League in the future as much as anyone. But there are a lot of fans out there who would love to be in our situation. I only need to talk to the Bristol City/Rovers fans I work with to confirm that.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If we don't sign Conor Wickham, Dale Stepens, Craig Conway and any of the others that have been rumoured by the end of January, will I not renew my season ticket? No.

If we end up 10th at the end of the season, will I not renew my season ticket? No.

Will I be grateful that I am able to watch our club play in a fantastic facility such as the Amex. Yes.

It's human nature to want more than you currently have and I would love to watch the Albion in the Premier League in the future as much as anyone. But there are a lot of fans out there who would love to be in our situation. I only need to talk to the Bristol City/Rovers fans I work with to confirm that.

Don't talk sensibly like that, it only ever ends badly!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not long to go and the back page of the Argus today does make pretty dismal reading. I had high hopes before the window opened but I'm expecting minimal movement by Friday now.

Will be amazed if there aren't signings before 11pm on Friday. In summer 2012 we signed 4 players in the space of a few hours. Don't judge the success of Albion in the window until a) at least 11.01 tomorrow. or b) more likely Summer 2014.

As i've said elsewhere it was only Summer 2013 when you could say we had a good 2013 January window when you saw the contribution of Ulloa and i'd say more importantly Matthew Upson to our run - in last year.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anybody would think we had sold half the first team squad and not replaced them reading some of the rubbish posted on here.

Depends if you are happy with finishing worse than last year or improving I guess. I think we need to replace Barnes and Crofts (obviously the latter was an unforeseen injury), to even challenge for the play-offs. Defensively we are strong, but that's not where our difficulties are.

braveheart

Jul 26, 2004
If I was OG and come Saturday we have let players go and not replaced any of them, I'd feel very let down by the club. Let's hope the actual scenario is far more optimistic.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

There are plenty that won't renew though. History has shown that the Brighton public are quite fickle and even The Amex (in all its majestic glory :amex:), will be a little soulless if there are 16k - 18k rattling around inside it.

To survive the club needs to be managed correctly, but equally it needs to generate income.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
If people will not renew their season tickets because we haven't sign anyone then that's just stupid.*

*Hopefully people in the front of the WSU wont renew so I can move there.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We don't need players.

Dunk is a good enough back up.

March, Ince, and CMS are like new signings.

You idiots demanding "big names" because other clubs do is nonsense. We have good young players coming through at long last, support this policy, or p1ss off and support chelsea.

Well said. The club have made a number of signings of promising players for this DS over the past 18 months, which indicates the long term policy of development rather than paying over the odds.

It doesn't matter if we don't get promoted this year - 40 points after 27 games means we won't get relegated - and I'd rather we went into the summer window with a nice pot of cash to spend than make panic buys in the next 2 days.

The most important signing we've made in this window has been Rohan Ince's first team contract.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Im convinced the deals are done.or done in principal..Just hold them back for the last day drama..It's madness to think multi million pounds companys do there buisness in a panic all on one day. I just don't buy it.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Yet another thread of NSC bedwetting.

Isn't it just.

For all we know various deals could be stalled whilst clubs finalise their deals. Like a housing chain.

It is simply not worth claiming the window a failure until it's done. Everyone is still playing their cards.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We do need players, only the right ones. CMS will be a welcome addition, but the squad is depleted.

I am totally against buying second rate players in, just to have 'more bodies', they should be better than we've already got. I really don't think the players that have come in post Poyet, were better than what we had (though I would exclude Ward from criticism, as he has done a good job, though not as good as Bridge). Agustein and Andrews are not good enough and are not always selelcted. Although Lopez should have been ok, based on last year, in the main he has been mediocre at best.

We need quality not quantity.

The transfer 'startegy' seems to be in panic mode, based on the players we are allegedly after, e.g. Stephens, Grabban, neither of whom are better than what have/had.

Personally I would include players with potential. Sure it might not win us promotion this year, but will strengthen us in the long run. I would also add that attitude is another key requirement. Andrews for me has bought bags of experience and know how to the squad. Agustien makes absolutely no sense and smacks of desperation. Monakana is mates with Ince and we can only hope that he is prepared to take on his excellent work ethic. He didn't exactly get glowing references from his previous club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So if we end up with no other players going out or coming in will that be such a disaster?

It depends how our injury prone squad can cope with the run in. Orlandi, lua lua, ulloa, Bruno, Buckley, Mac smith, Hoskins, angustien, all have come back from long injury lay offs and little niggles, so they are fragile.

It is obvious that there are 4 or 5 clubs who have spent and are going to be fighting out the auto promotion places.....Leicester, QPR, burnley, derby, Nottingham forest, then you have reading coming up on the rails AGAIN and scoring for fun...leaving one place between us, Ipswich, Leeds etc.

Ok we have brought in the spuds lad as cover for our 1 up front team, sold Barnes and El abd to put some money in the bank, but speaking with a club official this week, we are being knocked back by what people would have thought before as " average players".

I think that is the more worrying statistic.

But you can't argue with being in the 5 th round of the cup and only a couple of points in to play off place , so actually all is rosy!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't believe that we haven't signed anyone in this transfer window. It would be ridiculous if we had to rely on shit loan players like Bridge, Upson, Ward and Andrews ???

D

Deleted member 22389

Correct 100%. People forget we have a new training ground opening up, the cost £25,000,000. That will be another thing this club will sell to players.
I think that puts our club in very good shape for the future. If people are not going to renew just because the club has not signed Messi, doesn't make them very good supporters in my book.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Rose tinted glasses off - Does it really matter if we sign anyone, it's not as if we're going to get promoted this season. Maybe we'd be better to keep the transfer fees and save on the wages until the summer when we have longer to bring in suitable targets and strengthen the squad for a push next season as opposed to panic buying some of the shite we have been linked to in the past few days.
Reality check. 15 years ago we'd have given our left nut for any one of the players in our current squad. Some of you need to remember your roots and be thankful of how far we have come. If our transfer policy is that distressing to you maybe you should f**k off to Chelsea or Arsenal.
Rant over.

:albion2:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Used to disappointment now with the Albion. I feel the club have no ambition to go up this season either. Especially with the names we been linked with. Hardly makes a statement. Bar Wickham. But we all know how that's going to turn out. The same old BS about wages all the time.

I think the club can only have as much ambition as the finances allow, some of us have been in this for long haul and would rather see our club run properly. The window isn't even shut yet and already people are moaning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here