Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 Correct scores from £1million pounds....

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
I'm trying to think if there would have been a way of hedging it, I think there would, however it would have required access to massive amounts of money. Hes got a trip to the Nou Camp out of it anyway....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm trying to think if there would have been a way of hedging it, I think there would, however it would have required access to massive amounts of money. Hes got a trip to the Nou Camp out of it anyway....

The fact both games were played at the same time, would have meant laying both scores..If one of the prices was 7.0, that would have meant risking £70 just to win a tenner and the other game would have been a lot more. Like you say he would have had to risk thousands just to make a few hundred and still could have ended up out of pocket, if he got the shortest priced game wrong(or right),,i'm confusing myself. But it would have been an idiotic thing to do.

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
The fact both games were played at the same time, would have meant laying both scores..If one of the prices was 7.0, that would have meant risking £70 just to win a tenner and the other game would have been a lot more. Like you say he would have had to risk thousands just to make a few hundred and still could have ended up out of pocket, if he got the shortest priced game wrong(or right),,i'm confusing myself. But it would have been an idiotic thing to do.

No, it wouldnt have been idiotic, it would have been an option, and arguably a sensible one. Where you are saying he'd have had to risk thousands to make a few hundred you are right, but you are forgetting that if the bet came in, he was getting one million pounds. So theoretically, if he could have somehow got a million pounds from somewhere to lay the bet, he could have got a guaranteed profit. He could also have let it ride, but the point is, he'd have had the option. Obviously in realistic terms and without a one million pound bankroll, it would have had to be on a much much smaller scale anyway. But it could have been done.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
He must feel sick. Just to be one out is bad enough, but to call the correct score line too. Wow, unlucky him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here