[Football] 1st trip to Wembley?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Despite not being of an England persuasion (and my dad even less so), I went to watch England draw 0-0 with Norway for my birthday sometime around 1994-1995. Sat in the Olympic Gallery, which was pretty cool (and not a bad price - pretty sure it was £40 for his ticket and less for mine).

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Rous Cup, May 1987
England 1 v 1 Brazil.. Lineker and Mirandinha with the goals in front of 92,000!,

I can still remember the sense of wonderment when I first saw the pitch and a full Wembley! Happy days…

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did a dry run in 1982 :smile:

Albion connection being John Gregory and a certain Chris Hughton. There is also a slimmed down Garth Crooks in there somewhere

https://youtu.be/swxBBLfUR7U

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
World cup qualifier

Group 2 13/10/1976 H Finland 2:1 (1:0)

Wembley was a shit hole and everwhere stank of piss and failure.

I didn't go back till the Notts County play off final.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
England vs Italy

1972 from school in Wiltshire. Coach up. We used to go to all the England home games with a local public school. One of the girls regularly on the coach turned out in later life to be a Olympic swimmer!

Long before I ecen knew brighton existed.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Stoke v Chelsea, League Cup Final, 1972.

A friend's dad had tickets and invited me.

Both these teams have been in my top five of most hated teams for decades since, although Stoke have possibly been pushed back to about tenth now.

EDIT: Also, like [MENTION=20]Publius Ovidius[/MENTION], before I was aware of the Albion. I supported Cambridge United back then.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Rous Cup, May 1987
England 1 v 1 Brazil.. Lineker and Mirandinha with the goals in front of 92,000!,

I can still remember the sense of wonderment when I first saw the pitch and a full Wembley! Happy days…

I went to that , not my first trip to Wembley but also courtesy of Tideway School

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
England v Switzerland, the opening game of Euro 96.

A special day I’ll never forget. My dad managed to get hold of some tickets for my 11th birthday. I’ve never been so excited about a football match in my life. My first time in the big smoke, we were on the first train out of Grimsby, we arrived at Wembley Park off the tube about 5 hours before kick-off. Wembley Way was absolutely deserted.

It was a shít game, but just being there, at Wembley, watching England, meeting friendly Switzerland fans with their massive flags. The opening ceremony. It was just something I’d never experienced before. A brilliant day of father and son bonding.

I remember it too, because the following day my dad beat me absolutely black and blue in the middle of the Spain v Bulgaria game on the telly, while my mum and sister were out. No particular reason. The beating of my life time.

That weekend epitomised my childhood. I had the best dad in the world. I had the worst dad in the world.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My first trip was also courtesy of Tideway School. England vs Eire, midweek, Lawrenson either played or was in the squad as I wore my Brighton scarf due to the occasion…….I think.

Just looked at the teams, quite a few Albion players and “connections” played that night: Steve Coppell, Liam Brady, Grealish, Lawro and Hughton.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports