Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 1st Test, England tour of West Indies at Bridgetown, Barbados

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
England Cricket : The more things change, the more they stay the same
Is there an equivalent phrase for French Cricket...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has everyone given up?

Anything under 500 and we've got a chance if the pitch flattens out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would be an incredible effort if we could win or even save this test. A real test of the batsmen s ability to dig in and build an innings because time will not be a problem.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Has everyone given up?

Anything under 500 and we've got a chance if the pitch flattens out.

Young Curran is trundling away, now in tandem with Moeen Ali... the last 3 balls from Mo have all gone to the fence... and the WIndies lead is only 391 with 4 wickets in hand. Indeed, all to play for.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would be an incredible effort if we could win or even save this test. A real test of the batsmen s ability to dig in and build an innings because time will not be a problem.

BG - I've followed English test cricket for over 40 years and I can tell you now we are NOT going to win this test match.

Indeed, there's more chance of catching Corbyn in a threesome with May and Sturgeon than a victory here for the Three Lions.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Young Curran is trundling away, now in tandem with Moeen Ali... the last 3 balls from Mo have all gone to the fence... and the WIndies lead is only 391 with 4 wickets in hand. Indeed, all to play for.
The impotence of our attack on this now benign surface is extremely encouraging for the rest of the game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

The only England players capable of digging in and building an innings tend to be the ones coming in at #7 or #8.

BG - I've followed English test cricket for over 40 years and I can tell you now we are NOT going to win this test match.

Indeed, there's more chance of catching Corbyn in a threesome with May and Sturgeon than a victory here for the Three Lions.
This.

There is more chance of England losing today than there is of England winning this game.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Am enjoying the scenery. Lovely blue skies and a few fluffy clouds. A cameraman adept at locating good looking women.

Cricket wise it's absolutely one-sided. Lead now 401.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
But there is a chance...?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Our only hope is that they bat far too long and only leave us a day and a bit too salvage a draw..... Oh no, that won't work either.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I wouldnt disagree but we have to live in hope. Our batsmen were poor in the first innings but the bowlers are not above criticism as we have allowed too many to score 30+

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
But there is a chance...?
Yes.
f61f6c666ef5d4a8d8e27b6bc9916060.jpg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If you disregard the first two innings and the current partnership then England have dominated this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here