Votes: 180 54.7%
  • Remain / No deal

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is it a good idea for a lot more then tens of thousand of extra people every year increasing the population ,with the resident population having no say in this ,will we have to build more housing ,schools ,hospitals etc in the countryside where is everybody going to go ?

And the tragedy is we have had the power to control immigration all along. We needn’t have left the EU at all. You’ve embarrassed yourselves for no reason.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You really have been rather selective and edit happy with those snippets. Most of them have second lines such as “however we have the power to vetoe many of these decisions” etc. Very disingenuous of you Pasta, old boy. You keep on getting things wrong.

You put a lot of energy into someone that has slightly annoyed you on the Internet. And I love you for it. X

You wally, i gave you the link so you can check yourself, that is not cherry picking.

The fact is Parliament is sovereign, but parliament has decided to give up some of its sovereignty and cede some sovereign powers to the EU.
You can disagree with that as much as you like and say its not true but you are spectacularly wrong.
I suggest you write to the BBC as well considering they and me are in agreement ..........it would be daft not to be in agreement on the truth though.

:lolol: You havnt annoyed me in the slightest, you prob desperately hope you have, but you havnt. I simply enjoy pointing out how wrong you are and how you continue to be clueless on Brexit issues

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And the tragedy is we have had the power to control immigration all along. We needn’t have left the EU at all. You’ve embarrassed yourselves for no reason.

More clueless waffle, why do you embarrass yourself.
We have no power currently as EU members to apply quota controls on EU nationals for coming here to work(as we currently have on tier groups of non EU nationals) and we have no power to apply entry permits on EU nationals that wish to come here to live and work, before the border can be crossed ( as we currently do with non EU nationals). These are real immigration controls not some lame policy of checking up on jobseekers months after they have crossed the border anyway or long expired transition arrangements that are nothing but a stop gap.
If you think we have always had these levels of control at our disposal and can do it now then please share the EU mechanism that allows it

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You wally, i gave you the link so you can check yourself, that is not cherry picking.

The fact is Parliament is sovereign, but parliament has decided to give up some of its sovereignty and cede some sovereign powers to the EU.
You can disagree with that as much as you like and say its not true but you are spectacularly wrong.
I suggest you write to the BBC as well considering they and me are in agreement ..........it would be daft not to be in agreement on the truth though.

:lolol: You havnt annoyed me in the slightest, you prob desperately hope you have, but you havnt. I simply enjoy pointing out how wrong you are and how you continue to be clueless on Brexit issues

The above post sums up why you are a regarded as a rude, ignorant, loon on NSC.
All the above are true but I think your biggest failing is that you have no sense of humour and take yourself far too seriously.
I struggle to find any redeeming features in you. It’s not so much that you underestimate others but that you overestimate yourself.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We are giving up power to become a tiny separate entity in a world that increasingly relies on unity. It’s bizarre.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We cede sovereign powers to many treaties we have signed up to. NATO, even WTO rules commit you to rules and arbitration that are a trade off on your own sovereignty.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
A good dose of reality for the Brexdreamists that are still believing in unicorns more than 2 years...

I don't believe in unicorns...

Just BREXIT!

Sure we will have car parks on the motorways etc.... Because someone will need to proof the drama....

Someone will be on the news having just lost their job... (They could a apply to be a customs officer, no-one mentions the jobs created)

But all will be fine in the end...

Happily ever after...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
All the above are true .

I know they are true, thats why i said them. It was rather pointless you arguing otherwise.

We cede sovereign powers to many treaties we have signed up to. NATO, even WTO rules commit you to rules and arbitration that are a trade off on your own sovereignty.

So what? Nothing remotely near in comparison to the European Union on the scale,influence and increasing capacity to legislate without parliamentary input over the years

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We cede sovereign powers to many treaties we have signed up to.
So after several posts mocking pasta for saying we cede parliamentary powers (not from you Bold), it seems those mocking him now accept that he was right all along, and that we do cede powers. Not that they'll admit it of course, they'll disagree with everything he says, and agree with anyone arguing against him, regardless of what is actually said.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So after several posts mocking pasta for saying we cede parliamentary powers (not from you Bold), it seems those mocking him now accept that he was right all along, and that we do cede powers. Not that they'll admit it of course, they'll disagree with everything he says, and agree with anyone arguing against him, regardless of what is actually said.

Seems a fair assessment :lolol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So what? Nothing remotely near in comparison to the European Union on the scale,influence and increasing capacity to legislate without parliamentary input over the years

You wouldn't expect it to be on the same scale with regard to the market we share. We'll still follow the same legislature after we leave anyway.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We don't cede any powers really because Brexit is showing us we always had the power to leave if we didn't like anything. Any kind of deal is a trade off. If you were a business producing a product that your biggest customers wanted you to follow certain processes or policies, you'd do it if that remained profitable even if those processes and policies required you to revise your own. As said above, we'll likely follow all the same legislature as before anyway.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You and I will have no more sovereignty, just those wonderful characters in our Parliament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here