Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1983 Cup Final Reunion dinner tonight at the Amex

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
TOTP on BBC4 tonight is from 19 May 1983, Simon Bates just had a really awkward chat with Gordon Smith and Jimmy Case, with Perry Digweed and Chris Ramsay.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Smith looked confident though. I fancy him to score. Just one goal mind. There's no need to go mad.

Terry Hall's on now doing 'Our Lips Are Sealed.'. Great song, lovely bloke, but a bleedin' Man U fan. It's a bad omen, I'm telling you.

Chris Hughton's turned up on the next episode. It's no good trying to guess the year from the songs, if they keep telling us who's in the Cup Final. 'David Pleat's men are gonna do it again.' Not this time Charles & David. Coventry's year. You'll have to wait until 1991, when it'll be 'Lucky for Spurs When The Year Ends In One.' *

* - It really was true that Spurs won things when the year ended in one. League titles in 1901, 1921, Charity Shield in 21, 51 & 61. Double in 1961, League Cup in 71, FA and Charity Shield in 1981 & 1991. However, it may be more accurate to say that it was lucky for Spurs when the year began in one: 20 odd trophies last century and just one League Cup since the start of the new millenium.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Any photos ?
Didn’t go too mad with the camera, just a couple of crowd shots. Grease came over for a chat with us as one of our group is also called Gary Stevens. All the players were enjoying the attention and posing. For photos, chatting with everyone who wanted to, all in all a great evening and over £50K raised for AITC.

RR earned his money, he is a good host. Harty did remarkably well with the auction. A grand for a signed away shirt, more than that for a signed FA Cup final ball. Highlight was an auction of a 1966 WC winners montage print signed by the players. Tony Bloom had clearly decided he wanted it for his office, but some bloke went toe to toe with him in the bidding, suffice to say he pulled out at £4500.

A few of the players went on the stage for interviews, some were great, others a bit awkward, but it was wonderful to see so many of them there and I believe most will be at the game on Sunday too.

Attachments

• 0AF85833-3DBD-49E2-B725-4BD0373D6B57.jpeg
    0AF85833-3DBD-49E2-B725-4BD0373D6B57.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 173
  • F90EA754-9ED2-47D5-9284-18F466F6F121.jpeg
    F90EA754-9ED2-47D5-9284-18F466F6F121.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What players from cup final attended ?
This question got me thinking. If we had got to the final this season, given the international nature of the current squad, I doubt these sorts of events will happen in the future.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Didn’t go too mad with the camera, just a couple of crowd shots. Grease came over for a chat with us as one of our group is also called Gary Stevens. All the players were enjoying the attention and posing. For photos, chatting with everyone who wanted to, all in all a great evening and over £50K raised for AITC.

RR earned his money, he is a good host. Harry did remarkably well with the auction. A grands for a signed away shirt, more than that for a signed FA Cup final ball. Highlight was an auction of a 1966 WC winners montage print singed be the players. Tony Bloom had clearly decided he wanted it for his office, but some bloke went toe to toe with him in the bidding, suffice to say he pulled out at £4500.

A few of the players went on the stage for interviews, some were great, others a bit awkward, but it was wonderful to see so many of them there and I believe most will be at the game on Sunday too.
It was a great night Phil, nearly £50,000 raised for AITC and again reiterated the need for an Albion ex Players Association. (Even Beachy would agree with that 😂)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here