Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1983 Cup Final - 1st game

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this on DVD? Seem to be loads of the replay available but not the first game.

???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i have the video with the second game on it...but i have never watched the second game:down: :down: :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have the 2nd game on video, I have never watched it either. Doubt I ever will :(

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I beleive TGC ws seing them on DVD a while ago, i beleive he still posts on other forums

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Got the BBC video with the 1st game & replay. We played really well in the replay before United got their 1st goal.:clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spunk Bubble said:
Got the BBC video with the 1st game & replay. We played really well in the replay before United got their 1st goal.:clap2:

You must have watched a different replay to me as I thought we were poor for the whole of the replay and there was only ever going to be 1 winner. Played well in the first game though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
You must have watched a different replay to me as I thought we were poor for the whole of the replay and there was only ever going to be 1 winner. Played well in the first game though.
Yes, he did watch a different game. He watched the replay, where we played quite well before Manchester United scored. I watched that one too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spunk Bubble said:

My memory of the day was that we played our best football of the season until they scored :( Glad to hear I wasn't wrong even if best of the season was getting carried away :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
Yes, he did watch a different game. He watched the replay, where we played quite well before Manchester United scored. I watched that one too.

Totally disagree as I think that we were poor from start to finish in the replay. As is said Opinions, mind the memory does fade as it was 24 years ago and most of the people posting on here now would have probably been still at school, if they were even born then.

Icy Gull said:
My memory of the day was that we played our best football of the season until they scored :( Glad to hear I wasn't wrong even if best of the season was getting carried away :)

My memory of the replay was some knuckle head chucking what looked like a bloody great cider container into a group of United fans infront of us as it all kicked off just as the second half got underway.....

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
I have the DVD of the match - unopened.

When it arrvied it was so clearly biased to MAN U i couldn't bear to open it. That said i have it on video so can keep it for posterity. PM me if you want to make me an offer for the DVD.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Are you talking about the replay against Newcastle in the first game or the final replay?

From memory (of the radio) we were slaughtered in the replay against Newcastle but had a very good referee! Love to see that one again.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:
Totally disagree as I think that we were poor from start to finish in the replay. As is said Opinions, mind the memory does fade as it was 24 years ago and most of the people posting on here now would have probably been still at school, if they were even born then.

I was two and apparently we were listening to the replay in an Italian restaurant. An excited Man Utd supporter/waiter kept telling us the score. Of course, I was oblivious to it all and much more interested in playing with my toes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
NS Herald said:
My memory of the replay was some knuckle head chucking what looked like a bloody great cider container into a group of United fans infront of us as it all kicked off just as the second half got underway.....

Mine is being struck on the temple, by a 2p piece, that some rock hard United fan had taken the trouble to serrate the edges of. I was 12.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here