[Albion] 1901 renewals

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exciting!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Looks good and comfortable Could of been tempted but after several years have got to know so many people round us that this has become part of enjoyment.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've looked at 1901 so often and thought 'yes, at a stretch I can afford it..' - but I do love the concourse, supping a pint at half time amongst the hustle and bustle.

The lounges do look lovely, but there's something about being amongst the crowds which makes the whole experience more authentic, somehow.

I also know a few 1901 members locally, and they're almost all self-important tosspots. I'm sure I'm being unlucky, but.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
I heard there are a good number of second hand car salesman, slum landlords, and heaven forbid, estate agents in the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Varies between £89 +VAT and £148+VAT per month depending on lounge and seat

Are some of the Gold lounges windowless in the lower depths of the WS and ES?

When The Amex opened I knew some clients who’d opted for the cheapest 1901 seats and were gutted to find there’s a subterranean, soulless lounge.

Whereas the Italk and Mayo Wynne Baxter Lounges seem bright and spacious.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I heard there are a good number of second hand car salesman, slum landlords, and heaven forbid, estate agents in the club.

It’s a Club in name only, there’s no fan (member) representation, no committee, nothing you’d associate with a typical club. There are indeed estate agents, also musicians, ex sports persons, sign salesmen, receptionists, tyre fitters, building surveyors, entrepreneurs, philanthropists and plumbers, and that’s just a few that I know, not all of them are terrible people particularly.

I've looked at 1901 so often and thought 'yes, at a stretch I can afford it..' - but I do love the concourse, supping a pint at half time amongst the hustle and bustle.

The lounges do look lovely, but there's something about being amongst the crowds which makes the whole experience more authentic, somehow.

I also know a few 1901 members locally, and they're almost all self-important tosspots. I'm sure I'm being unlucky, but.

There are for sure some, but they are outweighed by regular fans.

Are some of the Gold lounges windowless in the lower depths of the WS and ES?

When The Amex opened I knew some clients who’d opted for the cheapest 1901 seats and were gutted to find there’s a subterranean, soulless lounge.

Whereas the Italk and Mayo Wynne Baxter Lounges seem bright and spacious.

I believe all the lounges have windows out onto the pitch, none are subterranean, the dugout is the only one which doesn’t have a view of the pitch.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing

Might be a few dropping out next season then.

Took me quite a while to work out how to open the package and renew online. Every time I thought I’d finished it pushed me onto another page.....

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

I thought it was realtors in your part of the world ! Also lots of builders and financial advisers , it’s a bit like going on a cheap cruise line .

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought it was realtors in your part of the world ! Also lots of builders and financial advisers , it’s a bit like going on a cheap cruise line .

Mostly Brighton fans though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These bar areas look much more like it. No more of that cheap hotel look that someone thought was classy when the Amex was built.

There’s something quite alluring about a cheap hotel though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I believe all the lounges have windows out onto the pitch, none are subterranean, the dugout is the only one which doesn’t have a view of the pitch.

Harvey lounge and its opposite at the north end of the ground have windows out of the ground overlooking the west stand walkway/main entrance. arguably there is more to see from there as they obviously pull the blinds down in the lounges that do overlook the pitch.

Not sure about the south lounges as I've not been over there.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Harvey lounge and its opposite at the north end of the ground have windows out of the ground overlooking the west stand walkway/main entrance. arguably there is more to see from there as they obviously pull the blinds down in the lounges that do overlook the pitch.

If only you lot could be trusted not to kick off a riot if you could see the pitch.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I enjoyed my time in the Harvey’s lounge, the bar staff were very good there, the manager ran an efficient service, the only irritating factor was the portly steward who openly admits to being a Spurs fan grinning every time we returned to the lounge a goal or two down!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I enjoyed my time in the Harvey’s lounge, the bar staff were very good there, the manager ran an efficient service, the only irritating factor was the portly steward who openly admits to being a Spurs fan grinning every time we returned to the lounge a goal or two down!

The woman that runs the bar is very good (and she is an Albion fan, I believe her husband is a season ticket holder) and there was a girl who was there for a while with daft eyebrows who also knew her way around a bar. Sadly its not great down there any more which isn't exclusive to that lounge or any bar in the ground. Guess that is the trouble with having staff that seem to change every week and only have real world experience once a fortnight. Can be frustrating if you're trying to get a pint quickly at half time though.

And as for the portly bloke you are speaking about if its who I think you mean then I agree he can be annoying. Every game he moans at me for not wearing the lanyard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here