Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Renewals

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Having now re-read the documentation I signed just over 4 years ago I'm of the opinion the club cannot simply add the "domestic cup" condition without very good reason.

They can do what they like, they are the club!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They can do what they like, they are the club!

Outside of their obligations in the license agreement yes they can. Otherwise they can't.

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
If you are a member of a club at Spurs I believe you get 1 home tie complimentary in a European competition but pay extra for all others. You are however not guaranteed your particular seat due to allocations to sponsers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

TheSullyShuffle

Jun 20, 2015
The life time license I signed 5 years ago states I have an option on "all first team matches." I would therefore expect all matches.

The bit which concerns me is what is covered by the license agreement and what is covered by the 1901 membership. These are two seperate things. I need to take a closer look at what was covered by the license I originally signed. My first thoughts are that some items enshrined in a lifetime contract have been moved to the 5 yearly membership contract.

This is the point I think.

Why has the Club requested that we return the signed documentation within 72 hours of receiving it? Is this to avoid giving any lawyers a chance to look it over properly? I am not a lawyer, sadly, but it does seem to me that the club is moving the goalposts on what we originally signed up for and intuitively this doesn't seem fair. However, it would probably take more than 72 hours to look at properly and once we've signed the new forms we'll probably be deemed to have accepted the new terms even if they're wrongly introducing them.

It's a shame I feel this way. Why don't I trust them? I'd really like to.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Outside of their obligations in the license agreement yes they can. Otherwise they can't.

Then what do we do about these changes? If you didnt pay the life time fee you have a choice simply not to sign up again but if you did pay the lifetime fee you are stuffed. I find it hard to believe that, legally, (clearly the moral argument is lost on the club) that they can promote a list of benefits as a result of which people pay a lump sum to have those benefits for 'life' and then can remove some of the benefits at all, let alone without compensation

abc

Jan 6, 2007
This is the point I think.

Why has the Club requested that we return the signed documentation within 72 hours of receiving it? Is this to avoid giving any lawyers a chance to look it over properly? I am not a lawyer, sadly, but it does seem to me that the club is moving the goalposts on what we originally signed up for and intuitively this doesn't seem fair. However, it would probably take more than 72 hours to look at properly and once we've signed the new forms we'll probably be deemed to have accepted the new terms even if they're wrongly introducing them.

It's a shame I feel this way. Why don't I trust them? I'd really like to.

Why the rush? The people I know in the 1901 are pretty unhappy and consequently have not yet renewed and are waiting to see what pans out before making a decision. As you imply, there has been a gradual breakdown of trust. Either the Club are unawares (which seems unlikely) or they dont care (which is sad)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Then what do we do about these changes? If you didnt pay the life time fee you have a choice simply not to sign up again but if you did pay the lifetime fee you are stuffed. I find it hard to believe that, legally, (clearly the moral argument is lost on the club) that they can promote a list of benefits as a result of which people pay a lump sum to have those benefits for 'life' and then can remove some of the benefits at all, let alone without compensation

I'll sign up then have a think. I'm not sure exactly what my complaint is at the moment. My greatest concern is that the club seem to have moved all the lifetime license T&Cs to the 5 yearly renewable membership ie what were once lifetime agreements are now only valid for 5 years. This is a big change but I may have misinterpreted it.

I will add I'm no lawyer, any legal eagles out there who can properly interpret the original documents?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why the rush? The people I know in the 1901 are pretty unhappy and consequently have not yet renewed and are waiting to see what pans out before making a decision. As you imply, there has been a gradual breakdown of trust. Either the Club are unawares (which seems unlikely) or they dont care (which is sad)

Agree, why the rush. We have until 4 months before the expiry of the current agreement (end of April 2016 I think) to make a decision according to the license agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here