Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Presentation

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I attended a 1901 presentation today, i expect most of the following is old news but in case anyone didn't know any of it ...

The £93 million total build cost has now reached £100 million because the chairman signs off upgrades and improvements almost every day to ensure the stadium has the very best of everything.

They have sold about 10% of the new East stand 1901 club seats and they are expecting quite a lot of the platinum holders in the West stand that ended up with seats on the ends of the stand, to transfer to the East stand, thus opening up some more West stand seats. They are doing it to be fair to the west stand holders as the East stand seats, all near enough on the half way line, were not available when they had to chose.

The Platinum facilities in the East stand will be at the same high level as the original West stand. The only difference is that the East will not have parking spaces, i didn't ask if you can transfer any spaces ou have from the West if you chose to transfer over.

The drawings for the bar areas look much better than ai imagined. I thought they would be an opening in a concrete wall in the walkway, but they appear to all have proper seating areas and bars, can't wait. The seating areas are sectioned and each area has its own bar.

Season tickets and prices will be available SOON! that's all they would say.

The caterers are a French company that do Rangers and WBA.

Thats all i can remember at the moment, I was a bit gutted as the whole thing took place in a portacabin and i was hoping to get a look around, but it was not to be.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I attended a 1901 presentation today, i expect most of the following is old news but in case anyone didn't know any of it ...

The £93 million total build cost has now reached £100 million because the chairman signs off upgrades and improvements almost every day to ensure the stadium has the very best of everything.

They have sold about 10% of the new East stand 1901 club seats and they are expecting quite a lot of the platinum holders in the West stand that ended up with seats on the ends of the stand, to transfer to the East stand, thus opening up some more West stand seats. They are doing it to be fair to the west stand holders as the East stand seats, all near enough on the half way line, were not available when they had to chose.

The Platinum facilities in the East stand will be at the same high level as the original West stand. The only difference is that the East will not have parking spaces, i didn't ask if you can transfer any spaces ou have from the West if you chose to transfer over.

The drawings for the bar areas look much better than ai imagined. I thought they would be an opening in a concrete wall in the walkway, but they appear to all have proper seating areas and bars, can't wait. The seating areas are sectioned and each area has its own bar.

Season tickets and prices will be available SOON! that's all they would say.

The caterers are a French company that do Rangers and WBA.

Thats all i can remember at the moment, I was a bit gutted as the whole thing took place in a portacabin and i was hoping to get a look around, but it was not to be.

Excellent news £100,000,000 blimey!!, but referring to Platinum holders being on the wings of the West stand is incorrect, they would be late purchasing Gold Members. Platinum as per the East Stand are centrally located. :)

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Excellent news £100,000,000 blimey!!, but referring to Platinum holders being on the wings of the West stand is incorrect, they would be late purchasing Gold Members. Platinum as per the East Stand are centrally located. :)

Sorry, my mistake, but you followed what i meant i assume

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Some of the late purchasing platinum members who ended up with seats out towards the ends (towards the gold section) have been trying to get better seats, which might be what is being referred to here. I know this because some have formed a waiting list to try and get or convince those towards the centre to swap or trade with them.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sorry, my mistake, but you followed what i meant i assume

Sure . :) Welcome to the club

Some of the late purchasing platinum members who ended up with seats out towards the ends (towards the gold section) have been trying to get better seats, which might be what is being referred to here. I know this because some have formed a waiting list to try and get or convince those towards the centre to swap or trade with them.

Ahh! That makes sense, although the 'worst located' Platinum seat in the West Stand would be better than sitting in the East Stand with the Sun glaring down on them, I would have thought. Of course there may also be people that wish to sit next to each other, having bought at different stages.

Still it's good, that more people are committing to the club. :)

......... The only difference is that the East will not have parking spaces, i didn't ask if you can transfer any spaces ou have from the West if you chose to transfer over.

Was any said about the general amount of parking available near to the stadium?
The planning consent specifies 2200-2400 spaces within a 1.5km radius but I understand that using Falmer High School (now Academy) is not possible so the "capacity" is reduced.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have joined the Brighton Rackets Esporta club thing on the campus, so I bet the bunfight for parking there on a Satdi is going to be fun!!!

Still...get there at 12...go for a swim in the outdoor pool....shower, sit in the bar and have a meal, leave wife in the gym,wander along to the ground at quarter to 3, back to the club and the wife afterwards for a pint or a meal and then back home.

Sounds infinitly civilised!

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Was any said about the general amount of parking available near to the stadium?
The planning consent specifies 2200-2400 spaces within a 1.5km radius but I understand that using Falmer High School (now Academy) is not possible so the "capacity" is reduced.

Sorry Alex, I don't think it was mentioned

I have joined the Brighton Rackets Esporta club thing on the campus, so I bet the bunfight for parking there on a Satdi is going to be fun!!!

Still...get there at 12...go for a swim in the outdoor pool....shower, sit in the bar and have a meal, leave wife in the gym,wander along to the ground at quarter to 3, back to the club and the wife afterwards for a pint or a meal and then back home.

TWO meals - game and the wife all in the same day - some people are just plain greedy :lolol:

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Oh, one thing i forgot, the capacity, as we all know, is 22,500. The corner in filling will make 30,000 and the final upgrade, that will only will happen when Prem football comes to the stadiuum is the second tier on the East stand adding 2000, so we end up with 32000 and, if memory serves me, that was the capacity of the Goldstone.
Not sure if these figures agree with things quoted on here before but thats what was said today.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Mrs Gaffer is going to be RIPPED.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here