Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Feedback

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Spot on with the comment re tellies in Bupa Lounge.
All the dining tables were positioned around them, leaving the other half of the room with no tellies.
The people eating weren't interested in watching SPN.
This could be sorted easily by swapping the dining and none dining areas over.
Would be good to install even more tellies on the vacant pillars. Blimey. I'm a telly addict!
Also, they need to double the number of seats for the non-diners.
You shouldn't need to get there early to get a seat.
The clothing rules seemed very relaxed.
I spotted sports shoes, shorts, and one or two replica shirts.
It's going to take a few matches for tweaking, both for the fans and the club, but I'm sure the few gliches will be sorted.

Raving mad, all of the Sarnie brigade are raving mad.Too much money and all they want to do is watch telly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sure, I accept that but having attended for over 30 years and paid for restaurant quuality food I expect better........ Basically I'm overweight and like good food....:D

It wasn't a dig. You have no need to justify yourself.

It just made me chuckle, it's a far better line than Roy Keane's prawn jibe.

james

May 14, 2004
Lindfield
Brilliant day. Only slight complaint was missing start to second half (which I swore I would never do) so agree with earlier comments about needing an earlier announcement. Rush to get back to my seat meant I spillt my tea all over my replica shirt getting back to my seat so couldn't wear it for the second half like I did in the first!
A lot of hard work obviously went into yesterday so well done and good effort everyone.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You`ve paid god knows how much, and you want to sit down and watch the telly.The prawn sandwich brigade realy are on a different planet

It's nothing to do with wanting to watch telly. What I want to do is make full use of the facilities we've paid for by arriving early and watching a bit of the early game before taking my seat in the ground at about 1430. And afterwards, stay around to watch the highlights of the Albion game which will be shown along with interviews etc. All while having a beer and piling more money into the Albion's coffers, so what's the problem with that?

rauper

Jan 9, 2007
Hove
We had an amazing day - the stadium and seats are absolutely fantastic!

Some repetition here but just in case the club reads this... the only negative feedback I have are (hopefully) all teething issues and relatively minor anyway:

1. Although you can reasonably assume that people who bought 1901 are able and willing to spend some money on food/refreshments on the day, there needs to be a food option that isn't a served 3-course meal (that must be pre-booked). There won't always be the time as well. Selling the pies (inc. at half-time) would do the trick - We were told to go down to the non-1901 area if we wanted food (!!) but when we went to go down there, we were told there was no way through and if we went out and in we were effectively leaving the stadium we wouldn't be allowed back in.

2. More seats for those not eating in the Bupa lounge would be good.

3. An announcement when the half is about to start would be good. And yeah, if you're going to have lots of TVs they may as well be spread out a bit.

4. Pepsi is not coke!

Shame about the PA system yesterday too which took the shine off the legends parade. And the goal replays on the big screens...

Other positives: left straight after the final whistle and got out of the car park with no fuss and was in Preston Park by 5:10. Bennett Field parking. Got given a program too. And never had to queue more than a couple of minutes for a drink (before the game or at half-time).

Can't wait 'til Saturday (again!).

D

Deleted User X18H

We had an amazing day - the stadium and seats are absolutely fantastic!

Some repetition here but just in case the club reads this... the only negative feedback I have are (hopefully) all teething issues and relatively minor anyway:

1. Although you can reasonably assume that people who bought 1901 are able and willing to spend some money on food/refreshments on the day, there needs to be a food option that isn't a served 3-course meal (that must be pre-booked). There won't always be the time as well. Selling the pies (inc. at half-time) would do the trick - We were told to go down to the non-1901 area if we wanted food (!!) but when we went to go down there, we were told there was no way through and if we went out and in we were effectively leaving the stadium we wouldn't be allowed back in.

2. More seats for those not eating in the Bupa lounge would be good.

3. An announcement when the half is about to start would be good. And yeah, if you're going to have lots of TVs they may as well be spread out a bit.

4. Pepsi is not coke!

Shame about the PA system yesterday too which took the shine off the legends parade. And the goal replays on the big screens...

Other positives: left straight after the final whistle and got out of the car park with no fuss and was in Preston Park by 5:10. Bennett Field parking. Got given a program too. And never had to queue more than a couple of minutes for a drink (before the game or at half-time).

Can't wait 'til Saturday (again!).

You can get a pie, I know I got one.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yep. There were pies. They were a bit late being ready so some people probably missed them. To save time in the future, it's worth knowing you need to pay at the bar then take your receipt to collect a pie... so do it while you're getting a beer otherwise you need to queue again.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
the one thing i was not happy about is the fact they called us to our seats after half time 4 minutes late so we missed first 5 minutes and had no idea it had started! also i suppose programs were in boxes in corner and didn't know, we should be given as we walk in!!!!

and damn you [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] for having good rep! i was at the play of final! ;)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the one thing i was not happy about is the fact they called us to our seats after half time 4 minutes late so we missed first 5 minutes and had no idea it had started! also i suppose programs were in boxes in corner and didn't know, we should be given as we walk in!!!!

and damn you [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] for having good rep! i was at the play of final! ;)

Maybe you could check your watch next time?

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Great day
My one gripe was, as someone said above, that you can't seem to get food from an ordinary refreshment booth somewhere else in the ground and have to rely on what's in the lounges which is, unless you're paying for a meal, just a pie. No criticism of the pie which was perfectly nice and edible but it would have been good to have a bit of choice. As regards having extra staff behind the bar i really don't see how you could do so as there just isn't space (well not in the Becks Peugot lounge anyway).
We had taken the bus from Mill Road and my heart sunk at the view of all the traffic queuing to get into the right stream of traffic to get into the stadium but we were early anyway so it wasn't a problem. Coming out was a breeze though and we were home by about the same time as we used to get home from Withdean.
All in all a bloody good day out and a fabulous stadium to boot. Can't wait to see it full next week

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Yep. There were pies. They were a bit late being ready so some people probably missed them. To save time in the future, it's worth knowing you need to pay at the bar then take your receipt to collect a pie... so do it while you're getting a beer otherwise you need to queue again.

Where were they? I was in the Profile lounge from 1.30 till 17.05 and did'nt see any.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't get the not being in your seat for the second half bit. It's not rocket science us it? 3.45 plus 15 mins means 4pm, that's 4pm. Always has been always will be. And don't blame the caterers, what's more important watching the match or getting a pie and a beer. And that goes for the whole ground not just 1901. Loads of empty seats all round the ground at the start of the second half.

Personally I wasn't going to miss a second and other than helping my old man up the stairs to the loo at half time went nowhere. Half time is for a loo break not a flippin three course meal

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Maybe you could check your watch next time?

your missing the point they told us to go to our seats but they told us 5 minutes in so my point was either say it at start or just don't? is that not fair enough? :eek:

Omniscience

Jul 12, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Amazing

One word-AMAZING
Excuse the cliche, but I had to pinch myself that where I found myself was indeed our football club!
Amazing Hospitality
Amazing Food
Amazing Atmosphere within the Profile Lounge
Amazing Views
Amazing Place :amex:

Now if you will excuse me, I am off to sleep with the word Amazing :D

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't get the not being in your seat for the second half bit. It's not rocket science us it? 3.45 plus 15 mins means 4pm, that's 4pm. Always has been always will be. And don't blame the caterers, what's more important watching the match or getting a pie and a beer. And that goes for the whole ground not just 1901. Loads of empty seats all round the ground at the start of the second half.

Personally I wasn't going to miss a second and other than helping my old man up the stairs to the loo at half time went nowhere. Half time is for a loo break not a flippin three course meal

The second half NEVER kicks off at 4pm though because of first half stoppage time. And people who'd queued for a drink needed those extra few minutes to actually drink it! It's surprisingly isolated inside the club - you can't really hear the PA, crowd noise or anything that would give away that the players are on their way back out so an announcement is the sensible thing to do.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
I've put it behind me and moved on.

How generous of you!

I don't usually take issue with fellow NSCers and their comments, but I must agree with Giraffe's comments regarding Paul Rogers. Your use of the word "prick" is wide of the mark old son and out of order IMO. Maybe Paul wasn't aware of your "celebrity status" or your over-riding importance to the occasion. If he had, maybe he could have paid you the attention you crave.

Incidentally, my post has nothing to do with arse-licking or point scoring. Paul is a personal freind of mine. Nuff said I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here