Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club food

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest this is all very disappointing from the club. They should be maximising revenue from the 1901 lounges, and that surely means selling catering that people want to buy.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
In order to maximise revenue and reduce costs........The number of people listed in the "Who's Who at the club" seems very high to me.

Do other clubs of our size have 48 posts listed similarly? ( a quick count )

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Will the East Brass still provide training for students and also cheap food during the week? Apparently this is very popular and very "community"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not on a wind up here.

Is it the case that 1901 hasn't been sold to the target audience.

Instead of 'put it on expenses' corporate jollies.
The seats were schnaffled up by fans who had waded through so much plop, for so long, they said to hell with it lets shell out for a bit of luxury. But that was where the shelling out stopped, as you would expect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The seats were schnaffled up by fans who had waded through so much plop, for so long, they said to hell with it lets shell out for a bit of luxury. But that was where the shelling out stopped, as you would expect.

Nail on the head.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I wouldn't say shelling out stopped but it is (mostly) their money and they aren't going to be taken for mugs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't say shelling out stopped but it is (mostly) their money and they aren't going to be taken for mugs.
Exactly.

Whereas if it's the bosses money, and you're showing the clients a 'good time', I'd imagine the level of mugoffery is much higher.

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Yes and No. I and others I know fit the fans bracket but also planned to use 1901 for entertaining clients. But a rip off is a rip off regardless. A fair price for a fair product with fair service and the place would be heaving with diners.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Have a read of it but that is the way I interpreted it perhaps someone with the electronic version can cut and paste it.

Spot on Mr Hut. I read it that way too.

I know I will be accused of having a downer on Paul Barber and perhaps I do but his column yesterday was patronising, full of 'statistics' but short on accurate comparisons and had no recognition of the kind of club we are.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I know I will be accused of having a downer on Paul Barber and perhaps I do but his column yesterday was patronising, full of 'statistics' but short on accurate comparisons and had no recognition of the kind of club we are.

I thought it was full of crap and why should I pay £2.30 for a bottle of Pepsi in there that I can buy for 50p outside ? Saying that he will probably ban people bringing in stuff next

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I thought it was full of crap and why should I pay £2.30 for a bottle of Pepsi in there that I can buy for 50p outside ? Saying that he will probably ban people bringing in stuff next

Hmm many a true word..... I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of the club now. They have ways of showing their ire with those that dare disagree with them. All kinds of hitherto unknown or unenforced ground regulations will start being enacted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Good grief, this must be a rare occasion on agreement !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well they've shown how quick they are to rewrite the charter I wouldn't put it past Barber

Plus adding a further tax on bus travel

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wonder at what point the penny will drop for the club about all this ridiculously over-priced catering

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
When Barber first joined The Albion, he stated he had read Build a Bonfire in order to get a feel as to what kind of Football Club we were. I would suggest he never digested the contents and he needs to read the book again.

The so called Community Club ethos is fast disappearing and being replaced by BHA plc. The feelgood factor and fans goodwill is being eroded by the direction the club is moving. Those programme notes on Saturday were patronising beyond belief. Barbers "stop whining and support the team" moment?

If Barber has read 'Build a Bonfire', he will be well aware of what happened to the last CE who rode roughshod over the fans..........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not only overpriced but totally crap quality

I have had one hotdog and a few pies since the Amex opened, not bad but a bit over-priced.

I did have a chicken and chorizo pie at the Villareal game that was extremely underwhelming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here