Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club - 3 games in, how's it going?

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I tried to get some pies before the Donny game as I was told no food would be available in the lounge before the game. I was told everything I needed was in the lounge and I couldn't go to the concourse. Booooo

Yup the 2 things that have miffed me (miff seems appropriate) are 1) not being able to mix on the other concourses with friends and family as promised and 2) not being able to move between bars and chose which one to go to before a game... As also sold.

My photo with Gus and Tanno outside the players lounge is some compensation.

robbyford182

Dec 19, 2008
Awesome, and TB's Mum is a legend!
Entertaining watching her orchestrate the singing, she should be in the North Stand lol

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Awesome, and TB's Mum is a legend!
Entertaining watching her orchestrate the singing, she should be in the North Stand lol

Ha ha, yes. She is brilliant. And her hair is amazing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How are people finding the catering? The selection has been seriously downgraded from what was originally planned. I'd have been a pissed off had I gone for the season long dining option.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
How are people finding the catering? The selection has been seriously downgraded from what was originally planned. I'd have been a pissed off had I gone for the season long dining option.

Make sure you arrive in time for your half time tea otherwise someone will steal it :)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
WSL Venue generally and views - 10/10. Catering options - 1/10. Closing the bars early 1/10.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Make sure you arrive in time for your half time tea otherwise someone will steal it :)

It was looking lonely and ignored

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Great atmosphere and brilliant seats. The food isn't as good as hospitality was at Withdean but I'm sure they will nail that, service good though. Car park needs to be sorted.

Mate of mine mentioned this too. He paid £38 for the meal and had to wait an hour between courses, food not as good as Withdean and no table service to apologise or refills of the old vino. Isn't life hard?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm in the Peugot Becks lounge - like others I'm miffed (yes Codner Pharmaceuticals that is about the right word !) about not being able to go to the other concourses to mix and to get some change of food - I can tell that the pies (good as they are) are going to get a tad boring by the end of the season. I'd also like to be able to see the other parts of the ground and, in particular, the Albion Fan mosaic. Apart from that it's great - nice comfortable seats ,real fans around me, great atmosphere, shelter from the rain (hooray after Withdean), pleasant stewards in the lounges and cannot really fault it apart from the above mentioned "miff". Like to be able to get into the shop one day too !!!!

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Absolutely delighted. Seat is amazing.

Good staff to fan ratio and I've found them very attentive and generally easy on the eye too. Oh, and I can't help if they come and talk to me when you are having a pee, HT.

My only gripe after the Spurs game was that the was nowhere for non-diners to sit, but I think they read my mind as lo and behold some stools appeared for the Doncaster match. A couple of sofas wouldn't go amiss.

Just to echo some of the other comments, it would be good to see more food choice for non-diners, but I am confident this will change. I am not planning to have a sit down meal too often and now that all choice has been eliminated I'm even less likely to do so.

They give out feedback forms every match so hopefully all suggestions will be listened to. I just hope they sort the broccoli out.

And the half time tea was there for the taking!

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Absolutely delighted. Seat is amazing.

Good staff to fan ratio and I've found them very attentive and generally easy on the eye too. Oh, and I can't help if they come and talk to me when you are having a pee, HT.

My only gripe after the Spurs game was that the was nowhere for non-diners to sit, but I think they read my mind as lo and behold some stools appeared for the Doncaster match. A couple of sofas wouldn't go amiss.

Just to echo some of the other comments, it would be good to see more food choice for non-diners, but I am confident this will change. I am not planning to have a sit down meal too often and now that all choice has been eliminated I'm even less likely to do so.

They give out feedback forms every match so hopefully all suggestions will be listened to. I just hope they sort the broccoli out.

And the half time tea was there for the taking!

Indeed. More seats for non-diners would be good. None in the Lifestyle Lounge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

They must see YOU, as a gateway to ME.

I've just purchased a dashing new top. Just you wait.

D

Deleted User X18H

Get's better every game the club are taking notes of recommendations made by members . Last night Chiv and his enormus eyes annouced the players were coming back on to the pitch, after half time and the TV screens showed this as well.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I was in 1901 for the Donny game and was really impressed, free programme, two free beers, excellent seat, good atmosphere, free coffee, no complaints from me after years of slumming it :lolol:

Also my mate lost his camera during the second goal and by the time we got down to the lounge after looking for it after the game, it had been handed in. Thankyou if it was any of you guys that handed it in. :thumbsup:

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
When I was in there I enjoyed it. Nice people (staff and fans) in there and a decent atmosphere for what it is.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
In addition I think our lounge (Profile) doesn't have a corporate feel at all, which was a relief. Very relaxed and friendly. Pretty much everyone seems to be a genuine fan. Hardly an empty seat on Tuesday in our section. I haven't noticed anyone leaving early and all our goals have been celebrated enthusiastically.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Had a 1901 seat yesterday from work and have to say I was very impressed. The service and facilities really are top quality. Loved the view and extra room in the seats, the lounge was brilliant and the toilets were much more pleasant than in the WSU where I have my season ticket. Prior to kick off i was genuinely thinking in wish I had opened the wallet and gone 1901 myself. When the match started though i found the atmosphere was a little too.......corporate. The lack of singing, cheering, to be honest any reaction to the game other than polite applause is fine for a one game treat from work but I'm happy to report that I enjoy the buzz in the WSU much much more. Happy the club has the facilities to cator for those who want a more reserved matchday experience but after my one game downstairs am really happy that my decision has been spot on that for what I want to experience 23 games a year the WSU is the place for me.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'd also like to be able to see the other parts of the ground and, in particular, the Albion Fan mosaic.

The entrance to Dick's Bar is outside the ground. You can visit that before entering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here