Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

19 BILLION Dollars

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't sending a message or a photo via WhatsApp the same as sending an iMessage via an iPhone though?

I hardly ever use my phone text allowance, as any messages I send to people who have the iMessage function set up (which seems to be most of them) goes through that way, not as a text.

Indeed.

But Whatsapp is platform independent so, for example, you can send a message to 20 people simultaneously regardless of what phone type they have - iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and even Blackberry. This really comes into its own for pictures where, if a recipient doesn't have an iMessage, you might incur an MMS charge which are often 50p a go or similar.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed.

But Whatsapp is platform independent so, for example, you can send a message to 20 people simultaneously regardless of what phone type they have - iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and even Blackberry. This really comes into its own for pictures where, if a recipient doesn't have an iMessage, you might incur an MMS charge which are often 50p a go or similar.

Ah ok, that makes more sense. As does your original explanation of the valuation.

Thanks, wise one :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wife asked me last night what it was, and I'd never heard of it. Can you imagine what it will be worth after all this publicity on NSC?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well I must admit I'd never heard of it till yesterday. Still amazes new the way tech companies make nothing and are suddenly worth almost as much a BSKYB, have we learnt nothing from the tech boom from 2000?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Reflection_in_a_soap_bubble_edit.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here