Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 1899

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Anyone else watching this one ? - apologies if this has had coverage elsewhere... looks promising, in an Event Horizon set at sea with huge moustaches and religious zealotry to the fore... starting it this evening, hopefully it’ll deliver on the promise of the trailer:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Better

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Watched the first episode. It's alright. Like many shows now, it's too damn dark half the time.

Also with half a dozen languages being spoken, it demands you pay attention.

If I wanted to pay attention, I'd read a book!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Didn’t get good reviews from what I saw.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Only a few subtitles it’s either English or dubbed
For those wondering, it's nominally in English. But so much of the dialog is in German, Danish, French, Spanish, Polish and Cantonese, it might as well all be subtitled.

If you are some kind of uber-polyglot, however, you are in for a treat.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I really enjoyed it, as well as the sci fi element I found all the main characters and their stories kept the interest when things started to lag

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A mate who did production on Event Horizon said he’d never seen so much product snorted by the UK-based American team working on it.

Here endeth the post.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I’ve watched two episodes so far, but I’m not convinced I will last the course. Episode three tonight.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I found the how 1899 was filmed show very interesting. The volume technology they use instead of a green screen is incredible, the actors never really have to film on location anymore. Also the way they used an international cast during Covid lockdown and the challenges that presented.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Got through it, but I have to say it was a bit of a struggle.
Not really for me.
Rather liked Emily Beecham as Maura, though.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not seen any of it yet ....

If the date is right, the most significant thing of 1899 was the Second Boer War - does this get a mention?
Most sizeable ships were commandeered to transport men and equipment to Cape Town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here