Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

17 large brown envelopes in ODPM out tray

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
At last we may have something really happening.

And this isn't a rumour.

There are 17 large brown envelopes sitting in the ODPM out-tray addressed to various people with a direct interest in Falmer including Martin Perry, Dick Knight, Brighton and Hove Council, Norman Baker MP, Desmond Turner MP, David Lepper MP and a couple of businesses that sound like legal companies plus nine others.

The envelopes were placed there on Friday afternoon and waiting to go out by First Class Recorded delivery.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Stay calm Lammy, stay calm...

....and breath...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh great-now we're relying on the mailroom clerk for information:eek:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lammy said:
This is total and utter bollocks!!!!

Lammy, the only thing Im finding total bollocks is you negativity on every bloody falmer thread. It is obviosly imminent, wether that be today or tomorrow.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Del Boy said:
and, how do you know this???

Very good former journalist colleague (known him for 14 years) who is now a senior Government press officer ... I can't reveal which ministry ... more than his job and civil service pension is worth.
He has been keeping tabs on Falmer for us for the past seven months or so.
He rang me 40 mins ago .. first opportunity to post.
It ties in with what the Argus has been told.
Apparently the senior civil servant in OPDM post room was on a half day on Friday, otherwise they would have gone out them.
NO IDEA of contents however!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
SurreySeagulls said:
steady on. the waiting is killing us but lets' not turn on each other

My comment was tongue in cheek:wave:

Some of us who have been involved in the "reference back" exercise have received nothing in the post ... yet.

But some of us live in rural isolation where even first class post takes days to reach us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why doesn't one of our London based people go in there and offer to deliver them Free of Charge? Then we'd know they haven't been chewed up by the Crawley sorting office machinery. Meanwhile, the rest of us can have kettles boiling at the ready to steam open an envelope or two...:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here