Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 15th minute round of applause for Preston fan Dylan Crossey

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well it's good to see a considered and reasonable reply, rather than threats of violence!

I don't think my original post was actually nasty in any way. It was horrible what happened to the poor kid but horrible things happen to football fans every day and personally I believe that there has to be some separation between the nastiness in society and football matches which are, football matches.

Tomorrow my complete focus on our game is beating Preston and I would rather sympathise with poor Dylan in a different, out of game way, like putting a tenner in a bucket for his poor grieving family.

You're unlikely to ever hear from me again as Simmo/Simmo's henchmen do for me at half time so bye-bye.

I won't dismiss your point out of hand from an emotional point of view, thus I won't jump on an bandwagon of frustrated aggression. However, the request made was not binding so needs no objectionable response. Not one so public anyway.

But let's go to your sub-text which is lost to people's, justified by you're ignorance of the thread's first entry, anger. I don't believe that football should be separated from the nastiness in society as a look at social forums often indicates that it is a catalyst amongst some that stirs it. So a display of solidarity such as the one asked for, serves two purposes. Firstly a direct and visual acknowledgement of the pain that those who immediately were affected are suffering. Secondly a momentary departure from the tribal instincts that, mostly benignly, separate us and Preston North End fans tomorrow. We acknowledge that we are rivals that want to beat each other for 89 minutes, but for one minute we show that, actually, we are a family of souls with a common interest- and we all recognise that someone who enjoyed this was deprived of something that must have driven his happiest days in such an awful and heartbreaking way. For that moment we not separated as football fans or separated from society.

For me that shows that football is not about hating or loving, winning or losing, it is in fact an extension of the part of the major part of society that isn't actually nasty. A tenner in a bucket is most welcome I'm sure. But I'm sure those who suffer would be more encouraged by a public display of solidarity from all quarters of the world of one of the lad's greatest joys.

Join in and you'll understand.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Bozza made his OP quite clear "(If you don't agree with such tributes, that's your choice, please move on from this thread. You have nothing to add to it.)"

So why be a dick?

Thanks.

If you read my posts - or if more appropriately if you HAD read my posts, you would see I was not against a tribute but wished to avoid a tribute that might give Preston an advantage in the game. Let's find another way to support this poor kid's family... but the way this is going we'll be clapping every bloody minute for something or other nasty thing thats happened to a football fan.

Go to the memorial service if it means a lot to you.

Or put some money in a collection.

But my 90 minutes against Preston is a football game, period.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Good to see you're backing off, tough guy

So you appear to have forgotten about a young fifteen old kid.

No way will you be there tomorrow but if you are:

You make sure all around you see that you don't clap - try not to get a little erection :moo:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thanks.

If you read my posts - or if more appropriately if you HAD read my posts, you would see I was not against a tribute but wished to avoid a tribute that might give Preston an advantage in the game. Let's find another way to support this poor kid's family... but the way this is going we'll be clapping every bloody minute for something or other nasty thing thats happened to a football fan.

Go to the memorial service if it means a lot to you.

Or put some money in a collection.

But my 90 minutes against Preston is a football game, period.

You are either 14 or pissed.Either way you are an embarrassment to our club.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I won't dismiss your point out of hand from an emotional point of view, thus I won't jump on an bandwagon of frustrated aggression. However, the request made was not binding so needs no objectionable response. Not one so public anyway.

But let's go to your sub-text which is lost to people's anger. I don't believe that football should be separated from the nastiness in society as a look at social forums often indicates that it is a catalyst amongst some that stirs it. So a display of solidarity such as the one asked for, serves two purposes. Firstly a direct and visual acknowledgement of the pain that those who immediately were affected are suffering. Secondly a momentary departure from the tribal instincts that, mostly benignly, separate us and Preston North End fans tomorrow. We acknowledge that we are rivals that want to beat each other for 89 minutes, but for one minute we show that, actually, we are a family of souls with a common interest- and we all recognise that someone who enjoyed this was deprived of something that must have driven his happiest days in such an awful and heartbreaking way. For that moment we not separated as football fans or separated from society.

For me that shows that football is not about hating or loving, winning or losing, it is in fact an extension of the part of the major part of society that isn't actually nasty. A tenner in a bucket is most welcome I'm sure. But I'm sure those who suffer would be more encouraged by a public display of solidarity from all quarters of the world of one of the lad's greatest joys.

Join in and you'll understand.

You make your point sublimely well, thank you for that. There has been been a horrible event in Preston (a crime actually) and I've no qualms about joining with the Preston fans to commiserate with the family of the poor kid. But if the pre match talk in the Preston dressing room were "let's do it for Dylan" and on 15 minutes we are clapping... - - - are we not giving Preston impetus to work harder to beat us? Honestly I wonder? I freakin' want to win this game and don't want to give Preston any quarter!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You make your point sublimely well, thank you for that. There has been been a horrible event in Preston (a crime actually) and I've no qualms about joining with the Preston fans to commiserate with the family of the poor kid. But if the pre match talk in the Preston dressing room were "let's do it for Dylan" and on 15 minutes we are clapping... - - - are we not giving Preston impetus to work harder to beat us? Honestly I wonder? I freakin' want to win this game and don't want to give Preston any quarter!

Just shut the feck up - you are embarrassing yourself .

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Such a pre-match talk is exactly as it should be. I would disappointed if it wasn't. So the one minute, by your own sub-conscious admission, makes no difference.

As for your last sentence, really, I think you should leave it now. It merely shows that you acknowledge my ability to articulate a point but fail to take it in.

Maybe I should just have called you a prick like everyone else and left it there.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Shame this thread has been de-railed.

Deepest sympathies to the young lad's family. Tragic.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
So you appear to have forgotten about a young fifteen old kid.

No way will you be there tomorrow but if you are:

You make sure all around you see that you don't clap - try not to get a little erection :moo:

???

Are you OK?

I'll be in my seat ready for you/your thugs.

I'll clap a little at 15, but nothing to encourage a dangerous Preston who will be really dangerous.

I'd prefer not to interrupt our precious games with memorials, unless for really significant home players/managers.

M

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
???

Are you OK?

I'll be in my seat ready for you/your thugs.

I'll clap a little at 15, but nothing to encourage a dangerous Preston who will be really dangerous.

I'd prefer not to interrupt our precious games with memorials, unless for really significant home players/managers.

M

You are mentally ill.
I blame the Government :moo:

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I've got four kids one of whom is just sixteen.
I apologise if it was me who derailed the thread.
Goodnight.

Me too. Has nothing to do with it. (Difference between us is I don't publish threats of violence on an individual.)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've got four kids one of whom is just sixteen.
I apologise if it was me who derailed the thread.
Goodnight.

I have two; a 7 year old girl and a lad of 5.

Not you who de-railed this, Simmo, in my opinion. I share your sense of perspective.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
KT 17 You PM Bozza and see what he thinks - I'm happy if he slaps me down.
Then if not: contact one of those dodgy sites that stick up for sad individuals like yourself.
I am always giving a quid for people like you.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shame this thread has been de-railed.

Deepest sympathies to the young lad's family. Tragic.

Maybe it has. But I felt compelled to take time to address his ignorance. Lesson learnt.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Goodness, this is all rather tasteless. I will be clapping on 15 minutes to show some solidarity with the family of a fellow
football fan. I sincerely hope there are no Preston fans reading NSC tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here