Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

143rd Open Championship

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Blimey. I know
I have a bad memory, but I could have sworn Sky showed everything and the beeb only showed limited coverage/ highlights for the first two days, then more over the weekend. I must be wrong. Much prefer Sky golf coverage personally.

I think you could be getting confused with the Ryder Cup!

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Great start from Rory without a dropped shot. Tiger did surprisingly well but can't see him keeping the good form all week. Plenty of decent rounds but some nightmares too, including Cabrera:(

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm really pleased to see Rory bag that -6 round, barring a major surprise he should be well in the mix come Sunday.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, comedy stuff from Ernie. Did it myself in a comp earlier this year which was embarrassing and I came off the green absolutely steaming. He's nearly killed two people off the tees too:D

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Played a wee bit harder this afternoon and Scott's round looked as good as Rory's but just missed a couple of putts he should have made although the same could be said of Rory. Forecast still saying windier Tomorrow morning than the afternoon so the late/early group have had the worse of it.

Not sure what Mickelson was doing, he was far too defensive which is most unlike him and his putting was atrocious.

The English have all been on top form again with the best being an amateur at -2
icon_rolleyes.gif

BBC ****ed Dufner's score up on the last, they missed a shot somewhere I think as his 2nd went straight left and the next we saw he was on the green, amazed if he was in 3 and the official scoreboard says 6 at the moment. Alliss and Brown also didn't know Westy finished with a par FFS, they are painful to listen to.

Lost count of the number of annoying overhead shots of the sea - concentrate on the golf FFS.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Played a wee bit harder this afternoon and Scott's round looked as good as Rory's but just missed a couple of putts he should have made although the same could be said of Rory. Forecast still saying windier Tomorrow morning than the afternoon so the late/early group have had the worse of it.

Not sure what Mickelson was doing, he was far too defensive which is most unlike him and his putting was atrocious.

The English have all been on top form again with the best being an amateur at -2
icon_rolleyes.gif

BBC ****ed Dufner's score up on the last, they missed a shot somewhere I think as his 2nd went straight left and the next we saw he was on the green, amazed if he was in 3 and the official scoreboard says 6 at the moment. Alliss and Brown also didn't know Westy finished with a par FFS, they are painful to listen to.

Lost count of the number of annoying overhead shots of the sea - concentrate on the golf FFS.

As much as I like Peter Alliss he has been losing the plot for a long time now.
What annoys me is that his co-commentators never seem to correct him (giving him too much respect)
Time for him to put his slippers on.

Poker Dunce

Feb 4, 2012
Looking for some value on day 2. Rory and Scott far too short now, especially with Rory having to get past his Friday woes. Think if he shoots par or better he could well go on to win. Still think Manssero @ 33's is not bad but also think Shane Lowry @ 40's is more than fair.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Jason Dufner at 50's looks nice, solid round yesterday in allegedly the worst conditions and only one bogey on a tricky course.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I like the Duffmeister, would be very happy for him to win.

Depends how he gets on in the wind. Forecast is for strong winds on Sunday apparently. Ricky Fowler can play in the wind.

If this ball tracking thing they have on the first tee is accurate, it is interesting to see how ball flights have changed over the years. All 3 just now, Scott, Rose and Dufner went straight up into the air. In the old days of Persimmon drivers, the ball would arc up - start low and rise, then plateau, then come back down (otherwise known as "mary" for those who know about these things). Does not happen anymore with these new drivers. I remember watching Seve, David Frost and Bill Longmuir at Sunningdale - their ball flights were remarkably similar, which was a surprise and shows that golf is won on and around the greens.

Interestingly, Rose hit his driver significantly higher than the other two.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pretty uninspiring so far - some very poor attempts to play in the wind by the top players in the world. Tom's on the course now - perhaps he will show them how it is done.

Wait till Tiger gets on this today, he'll show them how it's done. I predict a Tiger masterclass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here