Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

13 points clear at the top of the league!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We'll be getting a nice letter from the FA if we hit 100 yellow cards, but it looks a bit ambitious now, with only 2 games left. :down:

I wonder what the letter would have said. "FFS Brighton, you dirty swines..." Etc. Presumably.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Oh dear! Perhaps a lesson for next year. Although cant see Gus controlling temperaments.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
3 more points to beat Palace's 105 last season, come on lads.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
3 more points to beat Palace's 105 last season, come on lads.

We're bettering them all over the place. :bowdown:

Contrary to what the league table will suggest, I don't think we're a dirty team. I just think that we've had to compensate for our lack of physical strength and footballing intelligence with the occaisonal cheeky trip here and there. Of course, there have been some naughty tackles along the way as well. Lewis Dunk maiming Billy Sharp on the opening day (Sharp is yet to walk again and Doncaster were relegated because of it) being the chief example of us being a bit dirty.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
*ahem*
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE , SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

:p

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The one bad feature of our team since Poyet took over is the number of cards we're getting. Some completely undeserved but there is an issue that we need to get to grips with. Mainly when we're losing or things aren't going our way away from home and we resort to late tackles and diving

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I do find it extraordinary. We are hardly a dirty team. Surely refs should look at that and scratch their heads a little.

Aug 23, 2011
I do feel that as the season progressed we appeared to get less cards which i'm sure someone on here will pull up some stats and completely disprove. I felt we got a lot at the start of the season as we were getting used to the speed of the championship and certainly a few of the cards especially Dunk and Bridcutt were taking one for the team rather than risking a goal but as the seasons gone on we've learnt and improved so its not been necessary. We do also seem to get less cards than our opposition in most games.

Disclaimer: this isn't based on looking at any stats or results but what i remember so i'm probably wrong

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Can't believe we areWorse than DIRTY leeds... :lolol: They seem to get a man sent off every game...

Feb 24, 2012
'Lewis Dunk maiming Billy Sharp on the opening day (Sharp is yet to walk again and Doncaster were relegated because of it)'

Billy Sharp went to Southampton, 4th highest scorer in the league. This might of had something to do with Doncaster going down but it wasn't the tackle.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
'Lewis Dunk maiming Billy Sharp on the opening day (Sharp is yet to walk again and Doncaster were relegated because of it)'

Billy Sharp went to Southampton, 4th highest scorer in the league. This might of had something to do with Doncaster going down but it wasn't the tackle.

He never did?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We have had more yellow cards against us than conceded. And more fouls (does not that mean we dive?).

fouls committed - 426
average per game - 9.91
fouls suffered - 565
average per game - 13.14
yellow cards - 86
red cards - 8

FootStats - Complete UK Football Statistics Analysis - Teams

_cfimg4929480304575631002.PNG

Yellow cards 86 - 104 The opposition should get a letter from the f*** All.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dirty southern bastards

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Billy Sharp was crocked before the match. If he wasn't he would have probably scored. And Southampton waited until he was fit before signing him, because they knew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here