Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12 points from the next four

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
It's far from out of the question isn't it?

Blimey.

It HAS to be done if we want automatic - the last two games are going to be a different kettle of fish and we need points in the bag by then.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
If there was a guardian angel watching over the championship, he(or maybe even she) would say to Burnely,Boro,Hull and Derby,you've all had recent stints in the Prem and you blew it.Brighton haven't been in the top flight for years and deserve a crack.Add to that the years of crap having to play at gillingham and withdean where they didn't crack but kept it together and marched forward so they deserve the games against Man U,Chelsea,Liverpool etc.

I hope Brighton do it for all the fans who travelled to Gillingham and Withdean because they deserve their time in the sun.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Pressure is our friend especially with a cool customer like CH. Heads down, forest next.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If there was a guardian angel watching over the championship, he(or maybe even she) would say to Burnely,Boro,Hull and Derby,you've all had recent stints in the Prem and you blew it.Brighton haven't been in the top flight for years and deserve a crack.Add to that the years of crap having to play at gillingham and withdean where they didn't crack but kept it together and marched forward so they deserve the games against Man U,Chelsea,Liverpool etc.

I hope Brighton do it for all the fans who travelled to Gillingham and Withdean because they deserve their time in the sun.

What the hell are you going on about?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
As for the other teams in the Prem,taking travel distance out of the equation,where would their fans like to spend a day or a weekend at an away game.Hull?Boro?Burnley?Derby or Brighton? Errrr,the answer is obvious isn't it so perhaps there is a large part of prem fans rooting for Brighton.I would feel sure the London clubs are.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Was hoping for mid table at the beginning of the season. Its been massive really, and in with a serious chance.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Pressure is our friend especially with a cool customer like CH. Heads down, forest next.

As it's the last game of that round I hope we don't go into it having to win just to be where we were if Boro and Burnley both win.
The teams who have the points in the bag but have played more games always have the mental advantage.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Listened to this weeks Albion Roar podcast, and they were talking about the Southampton & Spurs stitch up draw in 1978 which ensured that they both got promoted. If we go into our last game at Boro and we both needed a draw to go up, what are the chances of a similar arrangement being made between the two teams? I'd quite happily watch a dull 0-0 with neither team trying if it guarantees promotion!

Oct 25, 2003
we only need one of Boro and Burnley to slip up. I feel it would be slightly more ideal for that to be Burnley as it would be great if Boro are safe going into the last game with nothing to play for as we'd have a great chance of nabbing 3 points in that scenario- Burnley are playing Charlton so we can't really expect them to get anything other than a win there

What I've been outstanded by this season is our professionalism and calmness which I think both stem from our boss who always appears chilled as. I think this will put us in a good position going into crunch time compared to the other sides who I believe are under more pressure than us to get automatic promotion

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We might not need 12 points.

The earliest we can go up in theory is April 22nd when Preston play Burnley. We'd not have played Charlton by then.

Very unlikely, but theoretically possible.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
id rather burnley pull away and boro falter - only boro WE can have a chance of overturning with our result on the last day. our chance to screw burnleys results went last sat.

if we go to the last game within 2 points of boro we have a chance of doing it ourselves. if we are 2 points off burnley and boro already up, even if we beat boro we may still not get the top2.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Listened to this weeks Albion Roar podcast, and they were talking about the Southampton & Spurs stitch up draw in 1978 which ensured that they both got promoted. If we go into our last game at Boro and we both needed a draw to go up, what are the chances of a similar arrangement being made between the two teams? I'd quite happily watch a dull 0-0 with neither team trying if it guarantees promotion!

What I hated about that day, was they announced the Saints/Spurs result directly after the whistle. Didnt even have a chance to dream.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
id rather burnley pull away and boro falter - only boro WE can have a chance of overturning with our result on the last day. our chance to screw burnleys results went last sat.

if we go to the last game within 2 points of boro we have a chance of doing it ourselves. if we are 2 points off burnley and boro already up, even if we beat boro we may still not get the top2.

I dont agree with that if we go into the last game a point a head of Middlesbro with Burnley 2 or 3 points behind them it is completely in our hands and possibly a draw will see us both promoted. That scenario is a distinct possibility with the remaining fixtures. If Boro beat Burnley and then Burnley also draw 2 games to drop points it will throw them out completely. Or if the situation is reversed and Boro lose and draw 2 games.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am hoping we push Burnley down into the play offs, just because they got up my nose on Saturday. Boro I believe are the best side in the division and should go up, I also think we are the next best side and hope we show it in the next few games. Hull are by no means out of it, but I think we will stay in front of them.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
I dont agree with that if we go into the last game a point a head of Middlesbro with Burnley 2 or 3 points behind them it is completely in our hands and possibly a draw will see us both promoted. That scenario is a distinct possibility with the remaining fixtures. If Boro beat Burnley and then Burnley also draw 2 games to drop points it will throw them out completely. Or if the situation is reversed and Boro lose and draw 2 games.

I agree to a point, my ideal would be Burnley to slip away and us and boro go up - I just rather not go into the last game with it out of our hands even if we do win....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree to a point, my ideal would be Burnley to slip away and us and boro go up - I just rather not go into the last game with it out of our hands even if we do win....

Boro do look good for the title at the moment, long way to go still though.

But I agree, if Boro were already up or Champions before we got them would be better surely.

I hate loking this far ahead though, it smacks of arrogance to me a bit as exciting as it is.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

stirring stuff you can write the acceptance speeches at the presentation of the trophies

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What I hated about that day, was they announced the Saints/Spurs result directly after the whistle. Didnt even have a chance to dream.

No, what I hated most about that day was that a rumour spread through the North Stand that one (Saints, I think) had taken the lead. For about five minutes we really did have a chance to dream

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here