Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12 Points Above The Drop Zone.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Perfect storm, suspended and then out of form Dunk, Webster now looking a bit of a sick note having just come back, Mwepu still injured, Biss loss of form or desire, Sanchez looking shakey, Lallana unable to play much (this was always on the cards though). Covid and loss of form of Trossard. Maupay in a striker’s drought. It is NOT all down to Burn leaving, that seems to be used as the main reason by many though. Oh and we no longer have the rub of the green. We have no right to stay in the top 10

On this years form we have no right to be in the top 17!

sods law says we'll claw something from the next 3 games . . .a nil nil with Arse maybe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No idea what point you’re making here (perhaps the loanee strikers aren’t first team ready ? ) but hey I’ll list them anyway.

We have 5 strikers on loan. Undav, Connolly, Andone, Sima and Zeqiri.

Is that not

1 untested EPL striker.
1 work in progress EPL striker.
1 never to return.
1 Attacking midfielder.
1 Attacking winger.

Be still my beating heart.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

sods law says we'll claw something from the next 3 games . . .a nil nil with Arse maybe.

Sods Law means if something can go wrong , it will. So presumably you're not that keen on us picking up any points in the next few games (or for that matter being in the top 17 due to having some form at the beginning of the season)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is that not

1 untested EPL striker.
1 work in progress EPL striker.
1 never to return.
1 Attacking midfielder.
1 Attacking winger.

Be still my beating heart.

Ha, I wasn't sure but yes you were saying exactly what i thought you might be saying. i wish you'd just cut to the chase!!

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
I suspect Southampton's boards were exactly the same last season from the position they where in to suddenly going into free fall.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The table does not lie, you are choosing to ignore our decent form earlier in the season and just dwelling on the current shit. Pull yourself together FFS :wink:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
More attacking threats, pace and power throughout their team.

A poor man’s ManC without goal-scorers were in a false position at that time.

Totally agree.

To play the way Man City and Liverpool play you need the quality of players, in depth, that those two sides have.

We don't have that quality of player and almost certainly never will have so we need to find another way or at least find a hybrid system that our players understand, are confident in playing, and is within their skillset.

The other difference is that whilst Liverpool and Man City build from the back they keep advancing upfield; there is progression in their passing and it typically ends in an attempt on goal. If we retain posession, we get so far up the pitch and then start going backwards again.

Of course, the fact that Liverpool and Man City have 6 or 7 quality strikers and midfielders who know what the onion bag is for also helps.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The table does not lie, you are choosing to ignore our decent form earlier in the season and just dwelling on the current shit. Pull yourself together FFS :wink:

:lolol:

7 lucky draws makes all the difference.

I'm struggling to see 7 more points this season.

Brighton have converted just 6.7% of their shots in the Premier League this season (26 goals from 392 shots), their worst ratio in a single Premier League campaign.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally agree.

To play the way Man City and Liverpool play you need the quality of players, in depth, that those two sides have.

We don't have that quality of player and almost certainly never will have so we need to find another way or at least find a hybrid system that our players understand, are confident in playing, and is within their skillset.

The other difference is that whilst Liverpool and Man City build from the back they keep advancing upfield; there is progression in their passing and it typically ends in an attempt on goal. If we retain posession, we get so far up the pitch and then start going backwards again.

Of course, the fact that Liverpool and Man City have 6 or 7 quality strikers and midfielders who know what the onion bag is for also helps.

They do everything quicker in mind and body.

A result of ££££, incredible scouting and some fantastic academy finds (TAA, Curtis Jones, Foden).

Opponents have far less time to get the proverbial “two banks of four” in place.

An admirable ethos from GP, but a very difficult stunt to pull off, in terms of delivering home wins and just wins.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
47570BCF-322D-4512-BAD8-7B3421ECB96E.jpeg
:lolol:

7 lucky draws makes all the difference.

I'm struggling to see 7 more points this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No idea what point you’re making here (perhaps the loanee strikers aren’t first team ready ? ) but hey I’ll list them anyway.

We have 5 strikers on loan. Undav, Connolly, Andone, Sima and Zeqiri.
Undav's the one we're pinning our hopes on, I would think. Connolly is definately a striker, quite a good one - but he's completelly and utterly lost his goal-scoring mojo and doesn't seem to be anywhere near getting it back at Middlesbrough. Can't see anything other than a loan next season to somewhere he might start scoring again - League 1 perhaps.
Andone - well, we can't give him away, so presumably we'll just release hin into the wild when his contract ends (must be this summer, shirley ... please!)
Sima - possibly more of a forward player rather than out and out striker - but really pretty much guesswork for most of us. Can he do it on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke? - undoubtedly yes - if 'it' is breaking down.
Zeqiri - not exactly prolific at senior level.
I thought we might have been looking at Vanzeir from USB rather than Undav - maybe both in the summer?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha, I wasn't sure but yes you were saying exactly what i thought you might be saying. i wish you'd just cut to the chase!!
It was a genuine question.

I was replying to someone suggesting the cavalry was coming to save us and I genuinely didn't know who they were referring too (I'd forgotten about Connolly - already!).

I was thinking there was someone else I'd forgotten about who was banging them in for someone other than...

...checks notes...

...Stoke under 23's.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FWIW : We do have a England u18 striker on our books if you're making notes.

Who along with the Irish under 21 striker shouldn't be anywhere need the first team (because the quality ahead of them) for at least 3 seasons.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I suspect Southampton's boards were exactly the same last season from the position they where in to suddenly going into free fall.

Yes - they had a bizarre season. Third (24pts) after 13 games. Then hardly won a game for months (13 points over the next 20 games). Lost eight in a row (including that 9-0 at Old Trafford).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here