Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

12 Angry Men (1957)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It is a very good film. There's a TV movie version made a few years back with Jack Lemmon, George C Scott, Edward Olmos, Courtney Vance, Mykelti Williams, James Gandolfini, which was also very good, but the original is great.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Watched this yesterday have to now say it's in my top 3 films of all time, absolutely incredible.

Anyone else here seen it?

It's an absolutely brilliant film and it doesn't have any CGI Hulk's in it. Bonus.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
5 stars in the Radio Times Film Guide, which is normally reliable. originally it didn't make enough money to pay Henry Fonda, whose idea it was to make the film, his deferred actor's fee

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
"Does the name Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"......:lolol:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Funny enough, I mentioned this film to my lad, over a pint only yesterday.

When was it on and is it likely to be shown again soon?

tobemeister6

Jan 15, 2008
Stratford, London
Just did 12 Angry Men as part of my acting degree last week, fantastic film, perfectly acted, manages to keep you completly engaged for an hour and a half even though it is literally 12 men talking around a table, how some modern day dramas could learn from it...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fabulous film, and funnily enough I was only talking about it with a friend yesterday!

As well as being fantastically acted, it's also an object lesson in how to win an argument against people with a seemingly immoveable position.

Watched this yesterday have to now say it's in my top 3 films of all time, absolutely incredible.

Anyone else here seen it?

Also in my top films.
It's an excellent film in every way. Only a shame that American movie-makers and watchers can't abide films without explosions and machine-guns or flying through the air. A film focusing on dialogue and political implications like that can't get made any more.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
An effing excellent piece of simple film-making where carefully-composed dialogue and acting become it all. That beanpole of justice in Fonda slowly whittling down the resistance of those who either don't give a shit about right or wrong and those bigots seemingly trapped for an eternity in their ugly bitterness and fiendish hammer of judgement. Post-Mccarthyite America in a nutshell. I watch it whenever i can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here