Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£12.50 to watch Premier League Football - The club are missing out.

D

Deleted member 18477

I think you're right! And think it's a good idea.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Started doing my Masters Degree at Warwick this week, and at one of the open fayres Aston Villa had a stall.

They are selling tickets to games vs. Manchester City and vs. Spurs for £15 each, or £25 for both - meaning you could watch The Champions play (in the Holte end) for £12.50.

I have questioned TB and PB on the issue of Student price tickets before at the NWSS Meetings. But despite their answer that cheap tickets devalues STH ticket prices, I personally think we are missing out a lot.

We have TWO Universities on our door stop and Villa have been round to all the Uni's in the Midlands are are selling Student Price tickets which will no doubt mean people will want to go back again. We should be doing this, and I would much rather see the South Stand - or just the ground in general full, if we did these sorts of offers I am certain Uni studnets would come on a more regular basis. The Villa stall was heaving with students wanting to buy tickets.

Thoughts on doing these sorts of offers? Personally £12.50 is a bargain and I think I will end up going to both!

I take it you have been to Witton which is where AV's ground is right on top of Spaghetti Junction utter shit hole.
Extremely high unemployment rate, massive crime rate and a very large Irish and Asian population who are more interested in (I found when i lived there) Gaelic football and Cricket than football,
most of the Villa fans though saying that come from places well outside Witton like Stourbridge, Cradley Heath and Dudley along with West Brom fans.
Most Brum fans are from Brum and the City areas.
Also Villas attendances have dropped a fair bit so its also a way of getting the fans back.
Its a great idea and should fill their stadiums.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why shouldn't the offer be open to all benefit claimants and not just students?

I'm all for filling the Amex but there are a lot more people in the catchment area that we could reach out to if the prices were reduced accordingly.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Why shouldn't the offer be open to all benefit claimants and not just students?

I'm all for filling the Amex but there are a lot more people in the catchment area that we could reach out to if the prices were reduced accordingly.

Agreed, but I think the point the OP was making is that we have two Universities on our doorstep, no travel required, yet can only come up with crap offers like buy a full price ticket and get a free pie.

Selling POTG tickets in the (usually empty South Stand) to students / under 22s/ Jobseekers is a no brainier IMO

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
1000 empty seats generates 1000*£0 = £0
1000 students paying £10 = £10000

Barber OUT !

Minus 20% VAT on each ticket sold

Minus a couple of grand producing marketing material etc, changing Admin procedures to administer the discount plus management time debating and sanctioning the idea.
Minus a grand or so of Admin time / management time responding to a few pissed of STH emails / letters etc

So a few thousand at best onto the bottom line. Not really worth the effort.

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Sheffield Wednesday did student tickets (the 3 years I was there) for £7.

Sheffield United did student tickets for £5/6 a game.

When a couple of my mates came down last year, we were playing Millwall, and the cheapest ticket if memory serves me right was £30+ including booking fee. Out of interest, we looked on Viagogo.... we could have gone to watch Man City for £19, Chelsea for £25, Villa for £11, Fulham or QPR for £15 (whilst in the prem). It's no wonder we don't seem to get many students from the Uni's in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here