Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh isnt it? Sorry Mr Hughton, didn't realise you posted on here and had already decided what team you were putting out.

Seriously, we have been guilty of this in the past, against the likes of Lincoln etc. Not against Premier league opponents where we would likely get embarassed.

Nobody knows what the lineup will be, but you carry on making that excuse if it makes you feel better.

Precisely why not going, if club took seriously then perhaps more fans would. But they aren’t and so typically they’re still wanting cake and eat it, a cultural mentality that is so entrenched in sport now it’s quite disgusting. Especially at this time of year when so many people are struggling to put food on table or keep a roof over their heads. Nope, not going to spend £50 and the rest to watch this game. Donated that money to far worthier causes instead. I used to be blindly loyal as so many of us were but now I prefer to be just loyal. Blind loyalty in football is only for fools and wealthy in today’s game.

Oh and enjoy the bus replacement service! :)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Bet half of those that can’t be bothered to go to a cup game against our biggest rivals, also moan and wonder why they can’t get away tickets!

Precisely why not going, if club took seriously then perhaps more fans would. But they aren’t and so typically they’re still wanting cake and eat it, a cultural mentality that is so entrenched in sport now it’s quite disgusting. Especially at this time of year when so many people are struggling to put food on table or keep a roof over their heads. Nope, not going to spend £50 and the rest to watch this game. Donated that money to far worthier causes instead. I used to be blindly loyal as so many of us were but now I prefer to be just loyal. Blind loyalty in football is only for fools and wealthy in today’s game.

Oh and enjoy the bus replacement service! :)

Struggling to put food on table, never been so cheap just look at all the fatties about.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Modern football is so shit. A half empty stadium in an FA Cup game in the top flight against our biggest rivals. 30,000 watching us play Burnley in the league.

How has this happened? I don't understand it.

10,000 empty seats against our biggest rivals at home in cup will make us look micky mouse imo

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Out of interest i couldnt pick my season ticket holder seat in the window and was only given the option to buy a ticket when the parameters were loosened, anyone else have this?
Not important really but thought i would put it out there before BG had similar

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Out of interest i couldnt pick my season ticket holder seat in the window and was only given the option to buy a ticket when the parameters were loosened, anyone else have this?
Not important really but thought i would put it out there before BG had similar

The reason for this was ST holders had a period to buy their seats. Then those ST holders turfed out of the South stand for the increased away capacity for the cup were given a 24 hr priority period to buy seats where no one else could. After that it switched back to ST holders being able to pick any remaining seats.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Fans bang on about the super value of a s/t and then you get a cheaper one off ticket for the greatest cup competition in the world against your long lost rivals and its not cheap enough:facepalm: Let's be honest people have been scared off by a few teenagers in black?

Greatest? Those days have sadly long gone. :xmas:

Jan 30, 2008
Fans bang on about the super value of a s/t and then you get a cheaper one off ticket for the greatest cup competition in the world against your long lost rivals and its not cheap enough:facepalm: Let's be honest people have been scared off by a few teenagers in black?
i had the pleasure of being in amongst this lot while being held back on the ramp before the game :cool:
regards
DR

Personally speaking I don't give a f**k about the Palace rivalry so opposition isn't a factor in my decision.

I'd just rather not sit in the cold having spent limited funds to watch two reserves team slog it out in a competition which should not be anywhere near the top of the priority list.

#swerve

Greatest? Those days have sadly long gone. :xmas:

Spoken like a true premiere fan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's be honest people have been scared off by a few teenagers in black?

That's actually more of a dishonest assessment than an honest one.

It's more about the associated grief.

Bottles being thrown between platforms at Brighton station ( seen by my own eyes ) police drawing their batons and facing off against peaceful fans waiting for the train to Falmer on the platform ( seen by my own eyes ) , fans being kettled and prevented from getting to Falmer station ( my experience ) after the game because of the 'Goon Special' train.

Add this into the standard Southern Fail evening game 'service', and now a rail strike, and £25 beer money to spend in a hassle free pub watching the game seems a winner.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Bottles being thrown between platforms at Brighton station ( seen by my own eyes ) police drawing their batons and facing off against peaceful fans waiting for the train to Falmer on the platform ( seen by my own eyes ) , fans being kettled and prevented from getting to Falmer station ( my experience ) after the game because of the 'Goon Special' train.

Add this into the standard Southern Fail evening game 'service', and now a rail strike, and £25 beer money to spend in a hassle free pub watching the game seems a winner.

This coming from someone who claims their location is Valhalla, I feel Thor would be a tad disappointed in you.

Sounds scary, hope you are not traumatised by the whole ordeal.:mad::mad:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds scary, hope you are not traumatised by the whole ordeal.:mad::mad:
The cup game has been given the same evening set up as the league game.

Set up the same - expect the same results.

There was a wonderful opportunity to schedule this as a Sunday lunchtime kick off. They blew it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The biggest reason people aren’t going to this is that we are unlikely to take it seriously. When was the last time we put out our strongest team for an FA Cup game? Im struggling to remember. It’s a disgrace.

Take it seriously and people will turn up in numbers.

I still go but you can’t expect those who are less bothered to turn up for what is effectively a reserve match.

Personally I think the fact it’s Palace means we should turn up and send those ****ers home with a bloody nose but I can understand why some don’t see the point, when you factor in it’s Monday night, on the telly, and Palace have a few teens with fireworks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here