Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

11th October game.

GuernseyMariner

Oct 3, 2003
Hi all.

You probably are sick to death of these questions, but, we also get them on the Fishy week in, week out. However...the old chestnut...away fan questions.

1) Friendly watering holes in easy reach of the Withdean...and to view the England game afterwards?

2) Decent night spots?

One of your guys posted his piccies on the Fishy after your last visit to BP....seems they had a good time.

Thanks in anticipation of your help people...see you on the 11th....BTW...doing well so far....I tipped you to go up.......but the 6 points to go to the MARINERS....you wont need tham at the end of the season anyway.

Cheers for now. :drink:

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
The Sportsman is right next to Withdean, and the Preston Park hotel next to the train station are both ok for away fans, in town avoid the area around Brighton Station loads fake Burberry pikies. After the game The King & Queen on the Old Steine, Walkabout on West Street , and the Font & Firkin in the lanes will all be packed for the England game.

Enjoy :wave:

Last edited:

I'll be in the sportsman on Saturday - hopefully less hungover then last week (yeah right)! 1st time I went there and it was nice to see both home and away fans in the same place without any problems.:wave:

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
GuernseyMariner said:

One of your guys posted his piccies on the Fishy after your last visit to BP....seems they had a good time.

They must of been the famous weekend in Cleethorpes pictures. :D

You will have a rush on to get into a boozer- they are alwyas packed for big england games. Especially with a 6 oclock KO.

Brighton is shit for that, any other city has loads of pubs with big screens but theres hardly any in brighton town centre.

Gaylords.

GuernseyMariner

Oct 3, 2003
11th October

Thanks for the info guys and gals.

Here's hoping for a great weekend, and a fog free Saturday morning in Guernsey.....or I'll be staying put...boo hoo :smokin: :drink:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
jonnyboylennon said:
You will have a rush on to get into a boozer- they are alwyas packed for big england games. Especially with a 6 oclock KO.

Brighton is shit for that, any other city has loads of pubs with big screens but theres hardly any in brighton town centre.

Gaylords.

I thought the coverage started at 6pm, not the game:eek: :eek:

I shall be watching it in the only place possbile for true footy fans

HORATIOS!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here