Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 11 Points Clear - WTF Happened?!

Jimmy Grimble

I didn’t watch the game so I’m guessing here. Did the mental and physical pressure of playing Spurs and Liverpool (and winning!) affect us, especially in the second half? I anticipated it might so I was predicting a draw as per most of the matches against Burnley. I tell you what - I’m not complaining when our last 5 results have gone WDWWD. Compare that with Southampton who were 15 points ahead of us when that run started and the gap is now down to 4, their last 5 results LLLLL. :drink:

Yes it did. Heavy legs and some jaded thinking was clear.

Jimmy Grimble

Nailed....I’d like to get to the 6th round...but time to play people like Moder etc on Wednesday

Agreed. Bit gutted really but some of our guys really need a little rest based on today.

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
I didn’t watch the game so I’m guessing here. Did the mental and physical pressure of playing Spurs and Liverpool (and winning!) affect us, especially in the second half? I anticipated it might so I was predicting a draw as per most of the matches against Burnley. I tell you what - I’m not complaining when our last 5 results have gone WDWWD. Compare that with Southampton who were 15 points ahead of us when that run started and the gap is now down to 4, their last 5 results LLLLL. :drink:

Burnley played with big energy today. They were faster and phisacally stronger especially in last 30 minutes. They had 60 dangerous attacks vesrsus our's 22. One point is a good results and thanks god for having Sanchez today

Jul 7, 2003
I was firmly in the Potter out camp before the turn of the year - no cutting edge and not picking up points.

Since then, he seems to have stumbled upon a team which works - a bit like Bobby Robson in Italia 90. I think a lot of this is that he has stopped tinkering as much and also Mac Allister has given us more creativity.

They say it is good to be a lucky manager - if this run means his 'bad' luck is over then long may it continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here