Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £100m January Warchest

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does anyone other than Palace fans actually believe they have any money ring fenced for a stand?
I think even Palace fans realise that was a lie

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I get that, but the timing has to be right for us to ensure it doesn’t rip the heart out of the team. Our succession planning is well documented but having only just established Caicedo as Bissouma’s replacement, do we have any successors in place if we let Caicedo and / or MacAllister go in January ? I would expect us to at least say no in January with a promise that a summer move is more acceptable, giving us time to identify suitable successors

Who knows? Lots of variables involved in your January sale scenario: Our league position at the time, the size of the offer, the considered likelihood of another offer in the summer, whether or not we have successors lined up, and if so how good is he, the impact on team morale and the opinion of the manager, etc.

One thing we do know is that successor planning is almost certainly underway already. That's how this club operates. We have to assume that they operate on the basis that big offers for our best players are welcome. At least we know when they're likely to be made - either January or the summer.

But if we are offered silly money for Caicedo (£100m+?) then we won't get to call when to sell him. No club is going to say in January "we'd like him for £100m now, but seeing as you don't want to sell him yet, we are happy to agree to pay that in July after he's played another half season for you".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here