Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist

Constructor

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This reminds me, I should dig out my Raspberry Pi. I've set it up with RetroPie and pretty much every game for SNES, NES, Master System, Mega Drive and Amstrad CPC. It's a cheap way to play all your old favourites. I even bought a Bluetooth SNES controller for it.

What we really need is Championship Manager 01/02 now that was a game
Eidos made Championship manager 01\02 freely available back in 2008\09 and it is still being updated (players, divisions etc.) to this day.

https://champman0102.co.uk/

It does have a bit of a cult following.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Eidos made Championship manager 01\02 freely available back in 2008\09 and it is still being updated (players, divisions etc.) to this day.

https://champman0102.co.uk/

It does have a bit of a cult following.

Indeed. All thanks to me.

(Not really but kind of):

Back in 2002 I visited a Swedish champman site called CM Gamingeye that had online leagues in CM01/02. We gathered in the IRC channel #cmonline and played for six hours twice a week. It was great fun, but this Tapani guy always won regardless if we played Allsvenskan, Premier League or LLM in England. Complete genius.

When CM4 and CM03/04 came, they were shit and interest sort of died. A year or two later, some of us we're still chilling in the #cmonline channel when Tapani suggested we should do another round of CM01/02, so I contacted the old fellas as I was now in charge of the website, and we were five or six that decided to play PL.

He was pretty annoyed with a lot of bugs, bad AI and that the game was slow, particularly as he had no interest whatsoever in football and couldnt care less about the "exciting" events in the games. He just saw it as a strategy game.

So each week he made improvements to the game and we had a blast. I think I played 200-300 hours of CM01/02 that summer. Then we sort of disbanded but a year or so later I found out that the "Tapani Patch" had made thousands of players return to the game and had his own following at that website.

Met him once when we all decided to meet up and he saw his first ever football game (he had never even watched it on television). Very nice, quite shy, guy and he made the game very nice as well, because the original version would have been deemed way to slow/easy today.

And I dont think he made one penny from it, all passion.

Man... overwhelming feeling of nostalgia hitting hard now.

[MENTION=15182]Perkino[/MENTION] I don't think so as you'll need to make a virtual drive in order to play it.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I really want to fire up the old cm01/02 but alas I’d lose hundreds of hours and what with having to hold down a job, a two year old and a marriage in a confined space im not sure it’s a wise career move...

Having said that I saw somewhere cm97/98 is also having a revival but the instructions on how to load it without the CD are beyond me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Indeed. All thanks to me.

(Not really but kind of):

Back in 2002 I visited a Swedish champman site called CM Gamingeye that had online leagues in CM01/02. We gathered in the IRC channel #cmonline and played for six hours twice a week. It was great fun, but this Tapani guy always won regardless if we played Allsvenskan, Premier League or LLM in England. Complete genius.

When CM4 and CM03/04 came, they were shit and interest sort of died. A year or two later, some of us we're still chilling in the #cmonline channel when Tapani suggested we should do another round of CM01/02, so I contacted the old fellas as I was now in charge of the website, and we were five or six that decided to play PL.

He was pretty annoyed with a lot of bugs, bad AI and that the game was slow, particularly as he had no interest whatsoever in football and couldnt care less about the "exciting" events in the games. He just saw it as a strategy game.

So each week he made improvements to the game and we had a blast. I think I played 200-300 hours of CM01/02 that summer. Then we sort of disbanded but a year or so later I found out that the "Tapani Patch" had made thousands of players return to the game and had his own following at that website.

Met him once when we all decided to meet up and he saw his first ever football game (he had never even watched it on television). Very nice, quite shy, guy and he made the game very nice as well, because the original version would have been deemed way to slow/easy today.

And I dont think he made one penny from it, all passion.

Man... overwhelming feeling of nostalgia hitting hard now.

I remember that Patch it was awesome I played extra hours because of it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here