Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

100 Greatest World Cup moments

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I watched this on tape this morning. Couldn't believe that Maradona's goal against us in Mexico was voted above us actually winning the Tournament. What the hell was that about?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think it was quite an old programme though, as a couple of the contributors (Ken Wolstenhome) are dead now. It was probably made for the last World Cup.

I guess people are trying to think neutrally and come up with the most memorable moments of the WC overall, not just the England related ones.

Still funny watching some of them- like the Zaire player booting the free kick away before Brazil had taken it.

No idea why England fans fighting on the beach in Marseilles were considered that great though. And who was that dizzy blonde Z list celebrity offering a social insight into it- personally I can't even remember it happening, so God knows why they thought she was able to cast judgement in such a measured way.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Get yourself down to Asda .... and pick up an exclusive Hand of God TeeShirt (including pic) with the immortal logo: Robbed! Only £10!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have said this before but my favourite moment is "THAT" goal from the 70's Brazillian team. The way they just casually pass it round nearly if not all the players and then (cant remember who) the ball gets bloody wellied into the goal!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Northstander said:
I have said this before but my favourite moment is "THAT" goal from the 70's Brazillian team. The way they just casually pass it round nearly if not all the players and then (cant remember who) the ball gets bloody wellied into the goal!

Carlos Alberto I think. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Carlos Alberto, correct.

The Harlem Globetrotters of football, Brazil 1970.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here