Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10 Years of Solly

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm generally a Solly fan, but I'm afraid today provided all the evidence - if it were needed - of why Solly isn't good enough at finishing to play in that position at this level. His volley and his header were terrible, and he passed the ball backward when he got unsure, which was too frequently. We need Lamprey back up to speed, and fast.

Yeah we need Lamptey back to show Solly March how to score. With Lamptey 1 goal in 52 games

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm generally a Solly fan, but I'm afraid today provided all the evidence - if it were needed - of why Solly isn't good enough at finishing to play in that position at this level. His volley and his header were terrible, and he passed the ball backward when he got unsure, which was too frequently. We need Lamprey back up to speed, and fast.

Sounds eel be a bit fishy to me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps someone like Pascal Gross.

Its not at all outlandish to suggest that Groß could ALREADY have those five.

-two in the bag
- the penalty we should have had at Old Trafford (surely he'd have taken it, on a HT...)
- the big miss from Mitoma's pull back v Newcastle
- the penalty yesterday (in my alternate universe, he's scored the one at OT, so stays on them...)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Solly is far more than just "a grafter". That would put him in McTominay company. He streets ahead of Bong, EPL appearance numbers don't lie.

His team play, retention of the ball and passing is exemplary, plus he's a living nightmare for opposition wide players who get no joy down that flank on the day, as well as being tenacious (every good team needs players who front up).

I can't see the club looking to upgrade on consistently good Solly.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Love Solly.

He's been consistently selected by five (?) different managers which says to me he's got something about him. For me I think he's one of those players that does a solid if sometimes unspectacular job. Dependable. Doesn't seem to get in trouble on, or off, the pitch.

He also looks like he's bulked up a fair bit this season. Definitely looks stronger. Apart from being pushed over by Joelinton. Who is, in fairness, an absolute hulk of a human being.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Solly is far more than just "a grafter". That would put him in McTominay company. He streets ahead of Bong, EPL appearance numbers don't lie.

His team play, retention of the ball and passing is exemplary, plus he's a living nightmare for opposition wide players who get no joy down that flank on the day, as well as being tenacious (every good team needs players who front up).

I can't see the club looking to upgrade on consistently good Solly.

Mc T Donkey don’t get that high an appraisal :lolol:
How / why he’s playing where he is I’m not really sure tbf

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its not at all outlandish to suggest that Groß could ALREADY have those five.

-two in the bag
- the penalty we should have had at Old Trafford (surely he'd have taken it, on a HT...)
- the big miss from Mitoma's pull back v Newcastle
- the penalty yesterday (in my alternate universe, he's scored the one at OT, so stays on them...)

Does that not completely validate the point I was making!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I must confess that last season I was running out of patience with Solly. Was he ever going to have the self-belief that we only ever saw periodically in certain games.

This season he has been a revelation - to me at least. Long may it continue. Carry on Solly.

(I am fully able to see that it might be me that missing what was going on .......... it would not be the first time).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here